Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Discount on S/C surf or good first purchase discounts on store cards?

(6 Posts)
lucamom Sun 10-Jul-11 22:06:57

I've decided to go for the Silver Cross Surf for DC3. For our funds it's very expensive at £500, but last child and been saving furiously so decision made.

Does anyone know of where I can purchase one with a discount, or if there are any store cards (or catalogues) that sell this model that offer a discount off first purchase (as far as i can see, Mothercare, Babies R Us and John Lewis all stock it)?

Any reviews would also be appreciated!

Guildfordnanny Sun 10-Jul-11 22:49:17

I dont know anything about the cost of a Surf, but there is a discount nursery supplier on Ebay who I often browse through (I bought a 'returns' Silver Cross pushchair from them that was immaculate but only 5% of the usual cost!!) and I noticed last night they had a few Surfs for sale - and I was going to have a look at the discount when I had opportunity. I don't know if that is of interest or whether you want the warranties etc of a brand new one. A friend had an issue with one pushchair she bought from these people and they immediately offered to sort it all out for her and did so. stores.ebay.co.uk/babycarebradford-Bradford-Limited?_trksid=p4340.l2563

PotteringAlong Sun 10-Jul-11 22:52:27

Are you anywhere near the north east? Fenwicks in Newcastle currently selling them with a free car seat but they don't do Internet shipping!

aswellasyou Sun 10-Jul-11 23:00:40

There are a few Mothercare codes here that could work if you really want to nuy new.

lucamom Mon 11-Jul-11 23:14:53

Thanks for the replies-I'd seen the eBay store and was a bit concerned that they were shop returns, but reassured now by the positive experiences mentioned by Guildfordnanny, i'm not precious about it being immaculately oxed etc, just don't want to spend £400 for a shop soiled pushchair!

Guildfordnanny Mon 11-Jul-11 23:55:22

I think there will be a mixed bag IYKWIM but as you read through they do seem to say the condition. Mine had clearly been pushed along the ground (it may even have just been in the warehouse. It was missing a raincover which I knew about. But the fabrics were as new on mine. Like I said a friends fabrics weren't as clean but they apologised and offered her options. Apparently everything gets checked over before listing / sending out. If it's no good I am sure they do returns because they offered my friend that option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now