Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Do I need another buggy for travelling with? (Have MB Swift)

(7 Posts)
biba2 Sun 10-Jul-11 13:54:54

I've had a MB Swift since my ds was born and absolutely love it! He is now 6 months and we are coming back to the Uk to visit family etc (we live in france) and just wondering how I will get on with the MB swift through an airport. I will be travelling by myself with him and the only thing that is worrying me is that I need both hands to fold and unfold the swift, where do I put ds while I do this and fight with the baggage reclaim area! Should I buy a cheap lightweight buggy just for this purpose? And if so which one? Or am i just imagining problems for myself. Any help/thoughts would be appreciated!!

pramsgalore4 Sun 10-Jul-11 15:20:48

baby jogger city mini, they have an easily one hand fold and are light weight, the new 4 wheel version is due out begining of august [hopefully] which i will be getting, but loads of people love their 3 wheel version. smile

Guildfordnanny Sun 10-Jul-11 15:31:52

BJ City Mini here too. I am on a day out and stupidly took another two handed fold pushchair and am regretting not bringing the City Mini.

Hevster Sun 10-Jul-11 19:21:08

I always take an umbrella fold buggy that I won't get too upset about if it gets trashed in transit

RunningGuerita Wed 27-Jul-11 18:27:33

I am also a very happy owner of a MB swift. I travelled long haul twice on my own and decided I didn't want to risk trashing it. We bought a mamas and papas kato for £60. I was able to hold my baby and collapse it one handed.

mousymouse Wed 27-Jul-11 18:43:46

agree with hevster, airport/airline staff is pretty rough with the pushchairs. I have seen them dropping them down from the door of the plane to the tarmac.

Tiggywunkle Wed 27-Jul-11 18:59:31

I have just bought a Noa and it's fabulous. Easy one handed fold but you would need a bag to put it into once you got to the plane (they may even allow it on board)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now