Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Dimensions of BJCM/Micro Twin with wheels off

(10 Posts)
allthefires Sat 09-Jul-11 22:46:16

Am researching for a friend. Does anyone know the dimensions of the BJCM and Micro twin with the wheels off as thinking this is her only choice!

Also is it less bulky with hood on as that could come off too!

Thanks

OuchFriggingBludger Sat 09-Jul-11 22:52:23

only choice for what?
car? door frame?
they are a couple of cms smaller,not a lot IIRC...
but the hood sticks out more than the wheels,in one small area,im not sure if you can take it off either....

Guildfordnanny Sun 10-Jul-11 01:54:16

The dimensions of the City Mini folded without wheels is:
74.5x51x15.5cms
You can take the hood off easily.

allthefires Sun 10-Jul-11 07:42:29

Brilliant! That should fit the boot with all 7 seats up!

Thank you!

allthefires Sun 10-Jul-11 07:51:24

Sorry guildfordnanny is that the twin or single. Friend needs twin

allthefires Sun 10-Jul-11 08:54:50

Found dimensions

75.5x 76.5 x 18.5

Thinking it's doubtful........

Guildfordnanny Sun 10-Jul-11 10:08:17

Sorry I have just come back cox I spotted the twin and realised I had given you the single. Sorry! Glad you found them. Which is the problem dimension or problem in general?

Guildfordnanny Sun 10-Jul-11 10:24:35

I have just checked the Baby Jogger Catalogue and it says this for the double with wheels off: 78.5x75.5x18cms. I have been looking at my photos and you may well lose a few cms by removing the hoods. Basically the hood joints stick up by something like 3-4cms (without measuring). With the wheels off the thickest point then is the "elbow" joint where the pushchair bends. Everything else tapers to the handle. This photo may help: www.bestbuggy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Baby-Jogger-City-Mini-Elite-Double-Fold-Side-View.jpg If you look at the City Mini in front, there is no hood on it - the socket on the side is clear. If you look at the Elite behind, it has its hood in the socket. There isn't much difference between the Elite and Mini and in the same way the Elite has the rounded hood socket protruding, so also does the Mini. You can see this City Mini resting on its hood with the socket downwards: www.bestbuggy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Baby-Jogger-City-Mini-fold.jpg Does that help at all?

aswellasyou Sun 10-Jul-11 10:33:45

I'd be surprised if it didn't fit in the boot of a 7 seater car standing on end. Most boots are much wider-more like 100cm at least. Has she definitely measured it correctly? This is coming from someone who can mistake inches for cm without realising!shockblush

Guildfordnanny Sun 10-Jul-11 10:43:32

The other pushchair to look at is the City Select. Most 7 seaters are slightly deeper at the bottom and the CS tapers with one bar and the elbow joint at one end and the bulk at the bottom end. It may fit lower down IYKWIM. This is it in a jam packed car www.bestbuggy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/City-Select-Car-Boot.jpg simply laid on top with wheels off. I am sure my friend takes hers in her 7 seater.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now