Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Please tell me how to take the hood off a Maclaren triumph.

(4 Posts)
notso Wed 06-Jul-11 11:21:21

Borrowed DS1's old triumph back from PIL to take DS2 on the train.
It has been kept in their shed I think and it is filthy and musty, I have washed the seat but can't get the hood off.
Can anybody help please?

aswellasyou Wed 06-Jul-11 12:12:26

I don't think you can take the covers off the hood. If it's just removing the hood from the pushchair you're having problems with, where the hood rods meet the pushchair, the plastic clip around the pushchair can be pressed so that the clip is released. Sorry if you've already done that and this doesn't help!

notso Wed 06-Jul-11 12:19:30

Thanks aswellasyou, I still can't get it off the frame, do you press the clip up or down? Mine doesn't seem to budge.

aswellasyou Wed 06-Jul-11 13:20:10

At the side of the plastic attachment, can you see a little slot with a bit of plastic sticking through it? If I remember correctly, you have to press it to release the 'lip' so that the sticky outy bit can pass through the slot. Then when the clip has been opened you can just pull the whole hood off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now