Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mountain Buggy supplies????

(8 Posts)
Finn77 Tue 05-Jul-11 16:24:54

Does anyone know why all mountain buggy stockists seem to be awaiting stock? Is there a supply issue or is the company in trouble. The two shops that I asked in were a bit evasive and couldn't give a firm date for supply of a swift. I don't want to pre-order if there is to be a problem. Any advice?
Thanks.

Guildfordnanny Tue 05-Jul-11 20:47:53

The company are far from in trouble - in fact they are thriving. I know there are containers of certain products arriving shortly but equally I know two products I have enquired about aren't available, and another is only available in one colour. I think it's possibly just supply and demand. Try Lullaboo Baby because they did have a full set of stock a few weeks ago.

Finn77 Tue 05-Jul-11 21:40:47

Guildford nanny, thanks for the tip, but they've none either! Perhaps you can answer a question, had a play with an Urban Jungle in a shop today and found the footbrake hard to operate, was wearking birkenstocks though. Is it normally okay when wearing shoes or or they usually very stiff when new?
Thanks

Guildfordnanny Tue 05-Jul-11 22:26:42

Honesty I have no idea. Sorry!

thisisyesterday Tue 05-Jul-11 22:30:25

what is it you need?

Finn77 Wed 06-Jul-11 20:55:41

'this is yesterday'; I am looking for the swift in chilli and a storm cover, but I see practical pushchairs are expecting stock this month and they have the best price at £340, so will wait.
Thanks

MonkeysPunk Thu 07-Jul-11 16:18:22

Regarding the brake being stiff, a smidgen of vaseline works wonders!
My swift was a bit stiff when brand new. A little wd40 to the areas suggested in the manual, and pumping the tyres firmer (to psi30 approx) made a world of difference! It's really swift now!
I think they're a bit dry when new out the box.

Finn77 Thu 07-Jul-11 21:45:12

Thanks for the advice MonkeysPunk! I just pre-ordered one in Chilli today...can't wait till it arrives and I can use my 4 yr old to road test it before baby arrives. Will def pump up the tyres to 30....must look out my OH's fancy bike pump with the gauge on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now