Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Lascal Buggy Board - is it possible to remove the clips and reuse on another buggy?

(11 Posts)
fuzzpig Mon 04-Jul-11 14:27:14

or do you need to buy new clips? We can't get them off confused

Did a boot fair a few weeks ago, lots of people interested in buggy, others interested in board on its own but put off by the fact the clips were still on the buggy...

Lady1nTheRadiator Mon 04-Jul-11 14:30:23

Yes you can it's just a royal pain in the arse, which is why you can buy extra clips for a whopping £20 a go. Er I don't know how you get them off though. Which probably isn't much help. Have you still got the instructions for the board?

LunaticFringe Mon 04-Jul-11 14:30:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LunaticFringe Mon 04-Jul-11 14:32:14

fuzzpig Mon 04-Jul-11 14:45:01

If we still had instructions I would've read them by now grin

Not sure if they're square, basically they had a strap that went round the 'leg' of the buggy and then went through the clip bit, and you pull it tight.

Which bit do I twist? It's not right in front of me now, but I'll dig it out today as we are doing the next boot fair on Sunday.

fuzzpig Mon 04-Jul-11 14:53:48

Found the manual online, it says you can reuse the clips for another buggy but does it say how to remove them? No... hmm

LunaticFringe Mon 04-Jul-11 15:48:49

pramsgalore4 Mon 04-Jul-11 18:03:49

if its the older type does the board arms peg into holes if so get a screw driver place it through this hole and turn anti clockwise [you are using the screw driver as a lever], if it clips in little red clips get a teatowel or similar and turn anti clockwise it will be really hard but it will turn hence the towel to protect your fingers , i have removed mine several times and put on different buggys, i have had both types

pramsgalore4 Mon 04-Jul-11 18:09:27

its the bit you attach your board into that you turn [the front block type thing] mine is the newer one with red clips, its the red clips you turn, the older one its the bit with the hole through it you turn, if that makes sense, grin

LunaticFringe Mon 04-Jul-11 19:15:44

fuzzpig Tue 05-Jul-11 22:24:38

Aaaargh well just got the buggy out and it was so flipping easy to remove them! Thank you all smile Frustrating as we had loads of interest at the last boot fair, could've sold it several times if I'd bothered finding out sooner blush still hopefully it'll sell at the next one.

We'd tried untwisting one before but I think it was done up too tight so we gave up. I blame DH grin he always does things up ridiculously tight without realising - I can never open drinks bottles if he's already used them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now