Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Starting to look for pram/buggy for Christmas baby.........

(15 Posts)
harassedandherbug Thu 30-Jun-11 09:55:44

Where to start???

I'd love a Chameleon, but dh went pale at the price, and as this is our DEF our very last baby (5 between aged 22-5 grin) it does seem a bit extravagant. I s'pose!

I want something with a cosy carrycot as I'm due 22nd Dec and parent facing. Otherwise I'm not too fussed.

I like the look of the Uppababy Vista, but then might as well get the Bug price-wise!! Also looked at the Maxi Cosi Mura (all these looks are online btw) but is it really heavy? Thought it would be great in snow/ice and for country walks.

Last time I had a M&P Ultima on the Excel chassis...... but I also had a Volvo estate!!! Whilst I loved it when dd was tiny it was huge and I sold it on by the time she was 12 months old.

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 30-Jun-11 09:59:50

smile

Sounds to me like you've made your mind up (nice name change there grin)

The Cam isn't my bag, I had an iCandy Apple which is awaiting a second use, loved it! But I also have a Bee and I love that too.

Sod the cost (if you can!), you deserve to splash out on this one. And tell DH that Bugs have good resale value.

harassedandherbug Thu 30-Jun-11 10:03:58

Damn you caught me!! grin

aswellasyou Thu 30-Jun-11 10:56:37

What can you afford to get away with? The iCandy Strawberry is out
in August or September I think and should be £500ish if I remember correctly. You could always buy a decent second hand Cameleon for £350-400 on eBay.

Guildfordnanny Thu 30-Jun-11 11:02:50

I second the iCandy Strawberry. iCandy StrawberryIt is lovely and IMHO much nicer than the Chameleon and much more sturdy. Good storage and folds with the seat on. It can parent face or face away. It's got decent wheels and a gorgeous fleece hood / carrycot. But there are extras eg carrycot, flavour pack etc whereas you get the initial set up included with the Chameleon

harassedandherbug Thu 30-Jun-11 11:15:29

I'm sure I can get away with £500-600ish! We paid £400 without a car seat and in the sale 5 years ago....

Will have a good look at the Strawberry, thanks for that.

I was also possibly thinking about a second hand Chameleon. I need to get dh to a pram shop to push some about!

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 30-Jun-11 11:20:58

iCandy Strawberry?? Oh no..... <googles> I've been banned from buying prams. We've already got 4!

pramsgalore4 Thu 30-Jun-11 12:02:14

stokke xplory the new one looks lovely, but you can pick up the older ones easily, if you are lucky you may even pick up a new one second hand and if you make sure you get the receipt and reg form off the owner the 3 year warrenty can be still be used but you will need the paper work.

harassedandherbug Thu 30-Jun-11 14:25:04

I hadn't even thought about a stokke tbh. Not sure I like how they look..... Will have a proper look though, thanks.

Anyone in Hampshire know of any decent shops to have a look in?

pramsgalore4 Thu 30-Jun-11 14:32:52

they are really nice, lovely to push and baby is at your level so no bending down and they are not down there with peoples shopping, car fumes, dogs etc. def worth a look, mamas and papas and mothercare sell them now although i think mothercare is only on line.

ImogenDale Thu 30-Jun-11 17:00:10

I've just pre ordered my Norton Pure, I was stuck on what to get too and someone recommended one as they heard they were supposed to be amazing. I'm really excited cos it was a proper bargain. Just found out I'm having a girl too so I've got a pink pack to go on it smile from the model I've played with, I'd definitely recommend it :D x

harassedandherbug Fri 01-Jul-11 09:35:55

That looks really nice Imogen, can I ask where you got yours from? I like that there's a carrycot too.

MonkeysPunk Fri 01-Jul-11 13:16:59

I am a mum of 4, have had hundreds of prams. I got a bugaboo cam in January, and have sold it on already.
It took up a lot of room folded in the car. Folding and unfolding was a faff, as tricky and two pieces.
It was the least durable of all the prams I used. The seat came unstitched and the basket tore in those few months. Neither were overloaded at any time.
Bugaboo customer service were brilliant and replaced both parts, but I lost confidence in the product and sold it. It was lovely to push. The seat recline took two hands to do. If parent facing, full recline tilted the seat so toddlers head was lower than feet!
I just got the uppababy vista, and am finding it much more user friendly. It's certainly better value for money.
The uv hood is fantastic. The fabrics are gorgeous, and easy to wipe clean.
The basket beneath is huge and easy to access, great when you have a family for shopping and school run.
The seat is large enough my three year old can stretch out in it.
You get a carrycot included, which they make a stand for, as its good enough the baby can sleep overnight in it. The stand converts into a laundry hamper after too.
The wheels on the vista are huge and work well on moderate off road. Grass, gravel, mulch, cobbles, uneven paths, hills.
The front wheels on the vista are much bigger than cameleon front wheels, you wouldn't need to buy special off road or snow wheels.
It folds so easily and neatly.
I find the suspension really good. Not super bouncy but very comfy and shock absorbing. It does rock gently as I push it along. The quality is awesome.
The vista is neat, clever, comfy, practical and really good looking. I would recommend it to anyone with a big family as its sturdy, easy to use and folds small for its size.
The one handed recline on the toddler seat is a great feature too. So easy light and smooth to do.
Wheels must have sealed ball bearing units in as they zip along so easily and smoothly.
Do try to see a vista irl if you can. I like it better than the cameleon by far. I did love the cameleon at first too, as it was nice to use, but the vista I like more as its easier to use.

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 01-Jul-11 13:18:53

I'm very tempted to sell all mine and get the Strawberry. I love the iCandy pushchairs and it seems to combine the best of the iCandy and the Bee.

We could have matching pushchairs, we seem to be doing everything else together grin wink

ImogenDale Tue 05-Jul-11 15:50:37

I ordered it from Expecting Baby, which is a local baby shop near me (Mansfield) but they have a website and it's also on the Norton website smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now