Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mountain Buggy + One Inline double pushchair....anyone know anything about it?

(10 Posts)
SailorVie Mon 27-Jun-11 14:58:06

I went into a baby shop today and the owner told me that Mountain Buggy are bringing out an inline doubly buggy in the next couple of months. There I was, convinced I wanted a Phil & Ted's, but now it's all up in the air.

mountainbuggy.com/en/buggies/double/plus-one#_gallery

Basically I need a buggy I can fit through my front door, and the side by side options are a no go for that reason alone.

Has anyone seen this buggy?

AussieGirl78 Mon 27-Jun-11 14:59:28

I haven't heard of it but have a Phil and Ted sport and love it
I can push it one handed with my 21 month old and 10 month old in it

Guildfordnanny Mon 27-Jun-11 15:46:11

Yes, I know a fair bit about it. I have seen the prototype twice - the last time was only ten days or so ago. What would you like to know? Here is the basic information, statistics and first impressions. The main points are that it is a large single that turns into a double. As a single you can put on a car seat and carrycot. The +one is based on the Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle but just a bit longer. It is still 63cms wide. The prototype has excellent space for a newborn plus toddler. However once the baby comes out of the newborn space at the back there is a short term issue with the prototype which is that there is nowhere that I would realistically put a 6-12 month old because you are left currently with two upright seats (the front one can recline a teeny bit but the seat is lying then on the legs of the child behind). However the reason I keep saying prototype is because I hear that there may have been a modification to allow some way for a seat to recline but Mountain Buggy ten days ago were revealing nothing. I would be happy for my 11 month old to sit in the seats but should he fall asleep there is zero side head support in the front seat and the back would need something to prop him up with. My only other niggles are that it is very easy for the child behind to kick their sibling from underneath the seat or pull their hair; it is very long when folded 109cms with wheels off which means it won't fit in my relatively large car boot; and when you need to raise the hood up for a taller toddler you are left with a huge gap at the back - but not a problem I would have thought for an under 3/4 year old. To be honest unlike the photos, I suspect the eldest is better at the front and being more exposed / less likely to annoy sibling! But that ould mean the smallest may well not be able to see out due to the high sides and high front seat back (it is a tall front seat - I think it's 2ins or something like that higher than the Urban Jungle seat. The suspension is also in the sides of the chassis to give a comfortable ride for the parent, not the children which i found a tad weird, but the Urban Jungle is built the same way. But otherwise it seems to be a brilliant pushchair otherwise. Mountain Buggy quality, on an inline pushchair , with a large shopping basket. By the time they arrive in the UK I will have a 14 month old and almost 3 year old and I will be getting one to walk locally with. If you need a pushchair from newborn then I would recommend the new Mountain Buggy Duet to you instead. It is the same width ie 63cms wide, with two full sized seats (the same size as the Duo) and more versatile really for little ones. The first orders are due in the next three weeks (we believe one of the first samples was spotted this weekend!!!) The Duet is also a bit cheaper.

PrincessScrumpy Tue 28-Jun-11 18:20:11

I'm going to the MB Duet - local shop is getting 2 and they've offered dh and I first dibs (without deposit etc as we want to make sure it's THE one and try before we buy). They won't take pre orders but said they'll call us as soon as it arrives in and we can go and have a play. I'm stupidly excited, but do love the Out n About too so that's our standby.

Guildfordnanny Tue 28-Jun-11 18:34:52

I am surprised your shop won't take preorders of the Duet. Plenty of places have taken preorders. But its good that you have first dibs of it. It won't be long until the Duets are properly here smile I hear there is at least one now in the UK which is very exciting! Did you watch the Duet video I posted the other day? Would you get the old Nipper or wait for the new one?

Guildfordnanny Wed 06-Jul-11 09:47:03

+one FAQs are now on the Mountain Buggy website: mountainbuggy.com/en/buggies/double/plus-one

hegeit Wed 13-Jul-11 18:05:18

In a similar situation, had thought Phil and Teds was the way to go but then found this one - any word on when the MB+1 is due for release? I really want to play with it!!
Thankyou

Guildfordnanny Wed 13-Jul-11 18:47:50

I believe the end of September....

deliakate Mon 18-Jul-11 16:49:14

By the way, P&T now own and manufacture MB. They have moved production to China too, so build quality will NOT be what it was!

Guildfordnanny Mon 18-Jul-11 19:55:41

It's still very good and MB have high standards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now