Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mamas and Papas Tempo vs Maclaren XT or similar

(5 Posts)
fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Mon 27-Jun-11 13:13:30

For my friend, mine are all too big but what do you all think of the Tempo/Beat? It's on offer in Argos, my friend has a Graco Travel System for her wee one who is 5 months and is looking for an umbrella fold buggy?

MonkeysPunk Mon 27-Jun-11 14:24:00

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran I think one of the mums nearby has a denim one of the mamas and papas - it looks good quality - but she's using it for a toddler - not a wee baby so I can't comment on it's suitability for that.

The Maclaren Techno XT and Quest are both from birth - so definately suitable - I'd probably recommend the Techno XT as it has the headhugger - and has nice suspension all-round.
A great alternative to an umbrella fold - which is very practical and is light and folds in the blink of an eye - is the Baby Jogger City Mini - I do like the seat in that - and the one-handed push (bar along top instead of 2 seperate handles), and the larger sturdier basket - than you find on any of the umbrella folds. It also has a really big hood to shade from the sun.

Is your friend mostly walking/ using public transport / or driving and only needing the buggy for short runs - this might influence which would be the best choice for her. Also what's her budget? They do vary in price a lot.

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Mon 27-Jun-11 15:29:24

Thanks Monkeys - she doesn't use public transport that much (well there isn't any here it's very rural) she mostly wants it for the car - she's short so doesn't like the BJCM as the handle is too tall.

The difference in price is what's making her consider the M&P as it's on an offer in Argos and it is less than half the price of the Maclaren.

MonkeysPunk Mon 27-Jun-11 15:38:08

If it suits her budget - then I would get the mamas and papas tempo - just looked online - it is suitable from birth too. I looked at the close up pics - very nice for the money - a bargain I'd say!
It is the same one my friend has in Denim - and it's stood up to regular use with her 3.5y old for over a year - so must be good. grin

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Mon 27-Jun-11 15:41:12

Thanks Monkeys I'll tell her - it's on an offer at £60 so it's a bit of a bargain compared to £200 for the XT (But I used to have Maclarens a million years ago when mine were small and I have no idea about M&P) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now