Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our pushchair and pram reviews to find out which products have won Mumsnet Best. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Mamas and Papas Tempo vs Maclaren XT or similar

(5 Posts)
fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Mon 27-Jun-11 13:13:30

For my friend, mine are all too big but what do you all think of the Tempo/Beat? It's on offer in Argos, my friend has a Graco Travel System for her wee one who is 5 months and is looking for an umbrella fold buggy?

MonkeysPunk Mon 27-Jun-11 14:24:00

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran I think one of the mums nearby has a denim one of the mamas and papas - it looks good quality - but she's using it for a toddler - not a wee baby so I can't comment on it's suitability for that.

The Maclaren Techno XT and Quest are both from birth - so definately suitable - I'd probably recommend the Techno XT as it has the headhugger - and has nice suspension all-round.
A great alternative to an umbrella fold - which is very practical and is light and folds in the blink of an eye - is the Baby Jogger City Mini - I do like the seat in that - and the one-handed push (bar along top instead of 2 seperate handles), and the larger sturdier basket - than you find on any of the umbrella folds. It also has a really big hood to shade from the sun.

Is your friend mostly walking/ using public transport / or driving and only needing the buggy for short runs - this might influence which would be the best choice for her. Also what's her budget? They do vary in price a lot.

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Mon 27-Jun-11 15:29:24

Thanks Monkeys - she doesn't use public transport that much (well there isn't any here it's very rural) she mostly wants it for the car - she's short so doesn't like the BJCM as the handle is too tall.

The difference in price is what's making her consider the M&P as it's on an offer in Argos and it is less than half the price of the Maclaren.

MonkeysPunk Mon 27-Jun-11 15:38:08

If it suits her budget - then I would get the mamas and papas tempo - just looked online - it is suitable from birth too. I looked at the close up pics - very nice for the money - a bargain I'd say!
It is the same one my friend has in Denim - and it's stood up to regular use with her 3.5y old for over a year - so must be good. grin

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Mon 27-Jun-11 15:41:12

Thanks Monkeys I'll tell her - it's on an offer at £60 so it's a bit of a bargain compared to £200 for the XT (But I used to have Maclarens a million years ago when mine were small and I have no idea about M&P) grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: