Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

BJCM - how tippy are they?

(17 Posts)
Lady1nTheRadiator Sun 26-Jun-11 15:23:30

Are they rubbish if you occasionally hold a toddlers hand?

Guildfordnanny Sun 26-Jun-11 15:27:44

Not rubbish but mine has tipped a bit and have been told it by Baby Jogger that it is because I push one handed. But I will be swapping to the 4 wheel model or a Britax B-Agile as soon as I can. it depends as well where you use a pushchair, how sharp you corner etc! I used to have more problems turning away from the car ie a sharp turn that walking along.

Guildfordnanny Sun 26-Jun-11 15:28:25

Just to add it's still a brilliant single and we use ours every day.

Lady1nTheRadiator Sun 26-Jun-11 17:23:52

Thanks GN, I should've just PMed you smile

Well - what do you think? I want one just for now and then, trips to the park down the road, don't really need to hold DS's hand constantly, just for crossing. Something to sling in the car, so would often be out with DP anyway. So pavements and shops, bit of grass in the park. You told me about the 4 wheeled one being available in a few weeks, and the Britax version, and I suppose I am just being impatient and wondering if it's worth the wait and the additional cost. When DS is in preschool for 2.5 days in Sept I will be out with her alone anyway....but maybe I should wait??? (to check out the 4 wheeled/cost????)

fraktious Sun 26-Jun-11 17:38:40

There's a 4 wheel BJCM coming?

I like our 3 wheeler and don't find it tippy but my mother can't stand it.

Guildfordnanny Sun 26-Jun-11 17:40:59

Lol just get one! It's not that bad! Worst case if you buy well they sell on EBay well! I made a £9 profit on my BJCM double and that's not counting all the Boots points! I prefer four wheelers all round - even my most stable three wheelers I would happily swap for four wheels! It's personal preference. But if there were no four wheelers on the way I would stick happily with what I have. As a sling in the car pushchair it's do easy to use. It's not tiny folded but just easy!

Guildfordnanny Sun 26-Jun-11 17:44:02

Yes its coming at the very end of July. Baby Jogger City Mini 4 The size, weight etc are all identical. It just has four wheels and therefore looks a bit different at the front.

SkipToTheEnd Sun 26-Jun-11 17:44:45

they aren't tippy at all. They are perfect in every way.

<hides thread and awaits tomorrows delivery of my BJCM>

Guildfordnanny Sun 26-Jun-11 18:10:39

Lolololol They can be tippy but rarely. It's happened about twice to me in a year. I still recommend the BJCM as the ultimate one buy from birth to five pushchair without ever swapping for an umbrella fold! I am a huge fan! I do however in some ways wish I had bought the Elite. It's much better in places.

Guildfordnanny Sun 26-Jun-11 18:11:28

Lol that should be all round rather than in places!

Lady1nTheRadiator Sun 26-Jun-11 18:26:19

Oh thanks, this is all v reassuring. I am dithering because I have a Quest and really I should put it on Ebay before buying anything else, I am just lazy blush but I will get on with it then I will need second buggy, yaknow? grin

The Elite is much bigger isn't it? I have a Nurse Dakar for off-roading and it does go in my (tiny) boot but I have to take the wheels off (PITA).

SkipToTheEnd Mon 27-Jun-11 16:36:11

Well I've been out all day with my new toy and I'm loving it <swoon>

It was great in the supermarket, great on and off busy buses great in the park. Within half hour DS fell asleep for 2 hours! The hood was good to shade him. It pushed like a dream - for the first 5 minutes I felt it was running away from me as it was so light and easy to push.

I am in lurrrrvveee blush

<glances seductively at it....>

MonkeysPunk Mon 27-Jun-11 16:54:31

Didn't find ours tippy at all! I pushed one-handed too.

MonkeysPunk Mon 27-Jun-11 16:59:09

Yes - that is the ball bearing wheels - WHY don't maclaren do those? All that money for a Maclaren - and you get plastic wheels on metal pegs - no sophisticated ball bearings in them.... that is why maclarens squeak!

Lady1nTheRadiator Mon 27-Jun-11 19:54:32

Ooh I want one now! The more I use the Bee, the more I am fed up of the bloody thing. DD just looks so uncomfortable in it. I don't get it, maybe it is her? hmm I was only 6months pregnant when I bought it (for the discount) so used it with my then huge 2 year old and it was great. But she is little and needs a nice seat and somewhere to sleep. I took DS to the park today in the heat and thought how great the hood would be on the BJCM. Ah buggy lust is a dangerous thing....

MissBeehiving Mon 27-Jun-11 20:57:45

BJCM is great. Bought after a recommendation in here. Fantastic recline and comfy sleeping position. I don't find mine tips. I still swoon over the collapse grin

boysrock Mon 27-Jun-11 21:03:39

I love mine. Its so easy and light especially one handed. No tipping unlike the maclaren.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now