Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Opinions on the Hauck Apollo 11?

(9 Posts)
ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sat 25-Jun-11 10:39:52

We were thinking of getting the Hauck Malibu but have just discovered the Apollo.

Can't really find any reviews of it anywhere so just wondering if any wise MNers have had it or known anyone to have it?

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sat 25-Jun-11 21:31:07

bump

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Tue 28-Jun-11 10:26:45

bump again?

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Wed 29-Jun-11 15:01:22

anybody?

DingleDangleDiva Wed 29-Jun-11 15:08:43

Do you mean the Hauck Apollo 4?

If so according to the ratings aat PLO it seems to be quite good but don't have any personal experience.

Hauck prams are a great budget option but are not the best build qualit, although good enough smile

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Wed 29-Jun-11 19:59:13

DDD Yes that's the one I mean smile At kiddicare they have called it the 11 not the 4 confused

What is PLO? Off to google!

I have been looking for some proper reviews of it but there doesn't seem to be much around.

DingleDangleDiva Thu 30-Jun-11 08:25:52

PLO is PreciousLittleOnes.com sorry I forgot I was abrieviating, was a bit of a pram addict and used to talk about the site a lot on the addicts thread grin

If Kiddicare is cheaper PLO will price match and give you £10 off, I've always found them a lot better to deal with if I had any prblems (which is'nt very often) but Kiddicare customer service can be awful at times!

Remember to make sure that the car seat is compatible with the car it will be used in most and think about rear facing etc as these are all mistakes I have either made or friends have blush

DingleDangleDiva Thu 30-Jun-11 08:36:38

Sorry I also meant to add that when I was pregnant I looked at theApollo RS which is the same thing but forward/rear facing and you don't need a carrycot etc as the seat unit converts.

It is a bit heavier but the same thing essentially, unfortunately I don't think you can buy it new nowadays though.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Thu 30-Jun-11 13:21:55

Thanks

I googled PLO and got loads of results about the palestinian government or something so I gave up before the swat team hammered my door down grin

Kiddicare also price match I think so it wouldn't really matter where we ordered from but its good to hear that PLO is reliable.

If the RS is heavier then we'll stick to the apollo/malibu as we are in 1st floor flat with no lift so we need the lightweight frame.

I saw a malibu in town today and it looked nice enough I just worry about the durability of the chassis.

Oh its a minefield!

Thanks for your advice tho smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now