Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Pushchair/Travel System for Twins

(7 Posts)
willow3006 Wed 22-Jun-11 12:19:42

Hi - am due to have twins in October (first pregnancy) so don't know much about what type of pushchair I need. Can anyone recommend any? I like the side by side type ones but think our door is too small to fit them in so may have to go for a longer type one with one baby behind the other.

Also, my friend said not to bother with getting the carrycot bits and just use the carseats on the pushchair instead but then I read something about them not being able to be in the carseats for over an hour at a time.

Help please - don't know what I should be buying?! Do I get the actual pushchair part (chassis?) then 2 carseats and 2 carrycots? Is that normal?

Am also a little worried about how to fit a pushchair and 2 carrycots in a car as well as the babies in their carseats!

Thanks guys

Willow x

aswellasyou Wed 22-Jun-11 12:53:45

I have to be quick but the ones I'd be looking at are the new iCandy Peach Blossom, Mountain buggy Duet (not Duo) or the Britax B-Dual (I can't think if this is suitable for two newborns though). It all depends on your budget though. I have never ever put a car seat on the chassis of any of my pushchairs but I know a lot of people do that a lot. The babies definitely shouldn't be in car seats for too long. Sometimes it's unavoidable but I wouldn't make that the only option.

Guildfordnanny Wed 22-Jun-11 13:31:29

I agree with aswellasyou but would also add some others to your list. Have a look too at the Jane PowerTwin, Baby Jogger City Select, iCandy Pear, Kolcraft Contours and Bebecar Vector Duo and One & Two. I doubt the new iCandy Peach Blossom will be out in time for you but you may wish to consider making do for a couple of months with something else (or even a Peach with the current carrycots) and upgrading when the new Blossom kit arrives (or like someone else I know, consider exporting the Blossom kit from the US whilst appreciating they have different safety standards). The B-Dual is a fab twin option. The B-Dual, Duet and Contours are the only ones where you won't need a carrycot and you could put a newborn straight into the seat unit. However again the Contours is built to US specification and I am not sure I would put a newborn in the seat units. The Duet is a side by side that is as narrow or narrower than many singles. However it is not easy to switch between car seat and seat mode, although it is easier to switch between carrycot and car seat mode. Most carrycots flat pack for travel so don't worry too much about them. Have a look at Best Buggy for photos, statistics and information on tandems. But I urge you to be very critical about your lifestyle. There is no perfect tandem pushchair. They all have strengths and weaknesses. If you use the car a lot then I would recommend a City Select, Pear, Peach, Powertwin or B-Dual to you. Be aware though that most twin mummies end up with more than one pushchair because as twins get heavier and don't need carrycots and car seats, they find other pushchairs work better. The new Peach Blossom, Powertwin, Duet and B-Dual would give you greatest longevity.

aswellasyou Wed 22-Jun-11 17:55:32

You'll probably end up with a Baby Jogger City Mini double when they're a year or so! I remebered while at baby club I didn't write the Contours in my list-how could I forget?! I desperatly want one of these and they're really cheap. Guildford has one. Actually she has most of them.wink

Guildfordnanny Wed 22-Jun-11 20:28:31

Lol What like these? Lol! I had them all out to measure! I forgot to add the Zoom onto the list too smile That is pretty adaptable too eg car seats, carrycots, seat units, but expensive to fix if anything goes wrong.

aswellasyou Wed 22-Jun-11 21:02:49

grinI wish the outside of my house looked like that!

Guildfordnanny Wed 22-Jun-11 21:31:07

It is pretty. I really want to take them to the beach but it is too hard to organise. I have more doubles here. I just happened to have this lot out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now