Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Anyone know when the 4 wheeled BJCM will be in the shops?

(27 Posts)
Lady1nTheRadiator Wed 22-Jun-11 08:07:35

I have convinced myself I need one, I didn't realise the BJCM was a bit tippy one-handed... how long do I have to wait?!

Guildfordnanny Wed 22-Jun-11 11:19:55

I have just asked for you and the answer was the end of July.
Have you seen the new Britax B-Agile 4 wheeler? I don't think it arrives until a bit later I think I was told September, but it's apparently much more comfortable for the child, can be folded one handed (a two stage fold) which is very similar to the City Mini. The folded dimensions are very similar. I had a retailer yesterday say they had just been given a demo and really liked it. I was placing my BJCM4 order with them but I may now wait for the Britax.

Lady1nTheRadiator Wed 22-Jun-11 12:14:07

Oh thank you guildfordnanny, that was very kind of you. I haven't heard of the britax but maybe by then there'll be more info online? My DD is 8mo and I use a bee+ but want something to just chuck in the car a bit quicker/easier. I have a quest but gone off it blush so not exactly desperate just greedy!

Guildfordnanny Wed 22-Jun-11 13:43:54

There is information here B-Agile but I haven't as yet found photos of the four wheel version with Britax branding on but if you search for 'Steelcraft Agile' I would imagine it will be like that. The retailer I was talking to sounded very very positive about the B-Agile particularly about the level of comfort for the child. Given the sizes are similar and the price is cheaper of the B-Agile I am leaning towards one. However if you use a Maxi Cosi car seat still then the BJCM would be better if you would use the pushchair as a travel system.

Guildfordnanny Wed 22-Jun-11 13:46:15

Here is the Steelcraft Agile. Steelcraft is part of Britax and is the name they sell under in Australia.

Lady1nTheRadiator Wed 22-Jun-11 14:57:23

Thanks for that - you know your stuff! I do have a Maxi Cosi but gave up on the travel system thing long ago, too heavy. Maybe it will come down to my patience or lack of - things like going out this morning to soft play, I took the Bee in so DD could sleep, but it is a PITA to put up and down, or just nipping down to the park where she will be out of the buggy while we're there anyway... I should probably sell the Quest first <lazy>

Guildfordnanny Wed 22-Jun-11 16:48:05

Just to add I spoke to Kooltrade a few mins ago to chase something else up and the RRP for the BJCM4 is £259.99 and they are due in the UK on 28th July.

Lady1nTheRadiator Wed 22-Jun-11 20:09:02

Ouch - bit steep for an extra wheel!

Guildfordnanny Wed 22-Jun-11 20:31:22

I know...but I don't like the way my three wheeler City Mini tips when I push one handed. I will sell it first.

Lady1nTheRadiator Wed 22-Jun-11 20:51:15

I was going to sell the Bee, but if the price were closer to the 3 wheel I could've just about justified owning both. But £260 on an occasional pushchair - I may as well just use the Bee, and keep the Quest for when I don't need to hold DS's hand as well. Yet I don't want to not have the Bee for rear-facing. <moan whine want it all> grin

Guildfordnanny Wed 22-Jun-11 21:32:29

I am sure there will be deals to be done. That is just the RRP.

outofmylittletree Sat 02-Jul-11 20:25:49

Whats the difference between a Britax B Mobile and a Britax Agile? confused !

Guildfordnanny Sat 02-Jul-11 23:56:08

Have you done a Google image search? The B-Agile is like a Baby Jogger City Mini clone with the same one handed pull handle. The B-Mobile is more buggy like? They look very different.

ihearttc Sun 03-Jul-11 19:37:00

Could I just pick your brains about the Britax version? On the link you posted for the Steelcraft Agile it says the height is 100cm which from memory is shorter than the BJCM...but on the other link to the B-Agile its 103cm. Are they pretty much the same pushchair?

I really want a BJCM 4 wheel version but Im just too short to push it comfortably...Im only 4ft 10 and it's really uncomfortable when I tried it in the shop.
Most other pushchairs Im ok with...I had a Quest with DS1 and that was fine but a Techno XT is too tall to give you an idea of the sort of height I need.

I desperately need a new pushchair now...DS2 is 7 months and I can just about plod on with what Ive got if I know the Britax one will be lower than the BJCM when it comes out but if not I need to continue my search lol!

Guildfordnanny Sun 03-Jul-11 20:11:30

I have just found another site that says 101.5cms for the handle height! I have looked and looked for the height and can't find it anywhere else at present. I think e-mailing Britax could be the best answer? Just as an aside I just saw the B-Agile been tested to 55lbs in the US which a fair weight for a stroller type pushchair. The BJCM is tested to 50lbs in the US.

ihearttc Sun 03-Jul-11 22:36:58

Thank you-think I'll e-mail Britax tomorrow and see what they say. Would make it a lot easier if they made it with adjustable handles for us vertically challenged folk lol!

Guildfordnanny Sun 03-Jul-11 22:56:06

Please me know if you get a response! I wish Britax would put some good sets of measurements on their websites! Adjustable handles would be fab smile

Guildfordnanny Mon 04-Jul-11 22:24:43

Just to add I discovered today that only the four wheel B-Agile is coming to the UK in September. Not the three wheel version. I haven't yet found a photo of the B-agile four wheel version!

outofmylittletree Fri 08-Jul-11 22:26:01

I wonder if the B Agile 4 wheel version will be similar to the b mobile version, but with a different fold? Would be good to see both in the flesh to compare. I can't see much difference in the pics of a 3 wheeler agile and mobile, moreso the frame of them. I suppose the big difference is in the fold. Would still like to give them a test!

Guildfordnanny Fri 08-Jul-11 23:08:37

Oohh there's a cool video online today for the B-Agile but the three wheel version. Will BRB with the link!

Guildfordnanny Fri 08-Jul-11 23:11:09

Does this work? B-Agile work out video

Guildfordnanny Fri 08-Jul-11 23:11:47

Errm no....hold on.....

Guildfordnanny Fri 08-Jul-11 23:13:41

It's at the bottom of the product videos list (second tab if this link doesn't take you directly there) www.britaxusa.com/strollers/b-agile/videos It is the work out one. It's fun to watch!

Guildfordnanny Fri 08-Jul-11 23:14:35

Sorry..in training..not work out! I have to keep switching screens on my phone. Sorry!

sabas Fri 12-Aug-11 00:38:22

Guildfordnanny can I pick your brains please? Does the Britax B-Agile have any other advantages over BJCM other than price and do you have any idea of what the actual price for the 4 wheeled Britax will be?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now