Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Jogging with a Maclaren Quest?

(6 Posts)
FHaran Wed 22-Jun-11 07:28:09

hi there, I have a eight and a half month old and I wondered if its ok to take him out jogging with a quest? I also have a bugaboo bee that I could use. Any advice would be really appreciated as its so hard to get out for a run without a babysitter. Many thanks.

Lady1nTheRadiator Wed 22-Jun-11 08:03:23

I can't imagine that running with a Quest or a Bee would be comfortable for either of you. I'd only even think about it with a proper jogging pram tbh. Do you have a partner, could you go early mornings or evenings? Or go with a friend - my neighbour and I sometimes go to the park with the children and take it turns to go around.

carrielou2007 Wed 22-Jun-11 09:14:09

No way for either, I can run in the rain to get home quicker but in no way the same as actually going for a run. Get a 3 wheeler, mothercare detour are huge but you can pick them up v cheap on ebay. If you want a good running pushchair there are loads of really good ones but if it is just for 2-3 times a week get a cheap one to see how you go.

FHaran Wed 22-Jun-11 19:49:30

Thanks very much ladies! I think I will have a look for a good cheap one. Thanks again!

suzie38 Wed 22-Jun-11 21:05:40

Bee wheels wobble like crazy if you up your speed.

Hevster Wed 22-Jun-11 21:16:27

I run a lot with my 8 month old and after a lot of research purchased a nipper sport, it's brilliant for running, is a smooth ride for the baby, can be picked up cheap on ebay, is fab off road and on the beach and is pants around town due to the fixed front wheel!
I did contemplate running with my Phil & Ted but in the end went for the nipper as it has 16 inch wheels and suspension and all the advice I read said that was important for the baby

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: