Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Britax Vigour 3 OR Urban Detour Quantum

(10 Posts)
fairimum Mon 20-Jun-11 15:57:46

anyone ever used either of these?

what we need is rear facing, with bucket seat and air tyres - which would be best with a buggy board? which folds smaller?
thanks

FlingonTheValiant Mon 20-Jun-11 20:10:37

I've heard really good things about the Britax.

mumtoaandj Wed 22-Jun-11 12:43:15

I DONT THINK THE QUANTUM SEAT SITS VERY UPRIGHT? AND I ALSO DONT THINK THE SEAT IS VERY BIG. I HAD THE SAME CHOICE AND GOT THE VIGOUR AND LOVE IT!

Dontbugmemalone Wed 22-Jun-11 13:24:26

I have had the Britax vigour 3 since my DS was 9 months old.

I love it!

Good things about it:

Comes in nice colours
Great customer service (had to replace the handle bar cover and the seat cover. Very fast delivery and free)
Molded seat (sort of) which I think is more comfortable for DS
You can put the seat rear or forward facing, it's very simple to do this
Big shopping basket
The wheels are puncture resistant and are great if you are walking on an uneven surface. It's also easy to know when you need to put air in the wheels
It's really easy and comfortable to push, doesn't strain your arms.
Easy to fold
It has a little viewing 'window' so you can see your DC
It fully reclines and you can adjust the seat by squeezing a handle, very smoothly.

Bad things:

The front wheel sometimes locks (especially if you are walking fast) so you have to fiddle with it to unlock it. I think this a problem with most 3 wheeler pushcairs
The rain cover that came with it is a bit tricky to put on because it JUST fits and you have to be extra careful not to rip it
It is a bulky pushchair so you need a fair sized car boot. We have a Vauxhall Astra (2000) and it fits ok
It can be tricky to fit through narrow doorways.

I hope this helps! Good luck smile

shelfy74 Thu 30-Jun-11 15:24:47

We have the urban detour quantum. I'm using it for ds2 now so had it nearly 3 years. To be honest, I really don't like it. It's nice to push but it's bulky, fills the boot of the car with just the frame and it's a big boot (focus cmax). Both ds's outgrew the carry cot by 4 months and both were only small (25 th centile). The straps in the car seat get twisted really easily making strapping baby in awkward. The car seat clicks into the chassis and unclips well, the carry cot and pushchair don't, I've been stuck in car parks many times unable to collapse the thing. Took it in for repair but it didn't make much difference. I wanted a parent facing push chair but the thing is so awkward it quickly got left in bits under the bed and replaced with a £30 asda buggy. Given the price I've not been able to justify replacing it but tbh can't wait until ds2 is ok in mcclaren buggy and stage 2 car seat we have now so I can get rid of the thing!!

fairimum Thu 30-Jun-11 16:18:34

lol thanks shelfy glad that i chose the Vigour now! Currently have a Vigour 3 and a Vigour 3+ sat here in the lounge - total of £75 for the 2, just about to slime the 3's air tyres to put on the 3+ then good to go -I was going to put the foam tyres back on the 3 and sell it on, but quite like the idea of having pone lot of tyres of muddy fields and another lot for pre-school run - depends how easily they change I guess! lol

mumtoaandj Thu 30-Jun-11 20:04:43

they change easily- thats what i do! although it drives better with air tyres on when ds who is nearly 5 sits on footplate and ds who is nearly 2 sits rear facing.

suzie38 Thu 30-Jun-11 20:15:20

Yes the tyres are very easy to change...No idea about the front ones though as swapped between a 3 and a 4+ so obviously kept the regular front wheels.

mumtoaandj Fri 01-Jul-11 13:12:26

front one comes off with a big yank!

Adair Fri 01-Jul-11 13:16:25

We have a Hauck Infinity - love it! Cheap as, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now