Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our pushchair and pram reviews to find out which products have won Mumsnet Best. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

3 or 4 wheels better?

(4 Posts)
Linda123 Sat 18-Jun-11 00:35:17

I am currently still looking at pram ... but I am not sure if I will have a choice of 3 wheels or 4. which is the best? I use pram by walking, shopping...etc. I also hold my 3 years old daughter's hand while using pram. which wheels is suitable for me?

suzie38 Sat 18-Jun-11 08:11:33

I think it's more personal choice...I've only had one 3 wheeler, a Vigour...It's fine to push but i'm a 4 wheeler at heart so bought a Vigour 4+ as well...To me pushchairs have 4 wheels and so 3 wheelers still look strange...Though i've recently bought an all terrain 3 wheeler mainly so i know i can still get about should it snow this winter though crossing my fingers it doesn't!!!

Guildfordnanny Sat 18-Jun-11 09:36:15

It depends on the pushchair TBH. I have a Baby Jogger CityMini which tips in car seat mode when pushed one handed (baby Jogger immediately asked if I pushed one handed when I mentioned it so they obviously knew) but I have a Babyzen which is solid. My Zapp although light was fine with children in. I prefer four wheels given the choice.

SleepySuzy Sat 18-Jun-11 09:40:45

The main thing when pushing single-handed is a continuous handle. I have to 4-wheelers (one is a buggy I have as spare) and the one with 2 handles is almost impossible to push single-handed. The other is a dream.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: