Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Babystyle oyster v silver cross linear freeway

(8 Posts)
amzliane Fri 17-Jun-11 09:46:09

which do you think is better and why? I love them both but I am finding it hard to make a choice. xx

aswellasyou Fri 17-Jun-11 11:35:59

Have you folded them down and tried them in your car if you have one? The Linear Freeway is quite big/long when folded. I've also heard it's quite heavy and lots of people find themselves looking for something new within a few months. The Oyster is more compact folded although it's an awkward shape folded with the seat unit on rear facing. It's fairly light though. The benefit of the Linear Freeway is that you don't have a seperate carrycot, but I would definitely go for an Oyster. I used to have Pliko which is very similar to the Linear Freeway and it was a nightmare to get in the boot of the car.

amzliane Fri 17-Jun-11 13:45:26

Hey thanks for replying. I have not tried them out yet, going to look at them next week. I think I may go for the oyster then as i want something easier for the car. The thing that attracted me to the silver cross was the fact I wouldn't need a separate carrycot. x

saoirse86 Sat 18-Jun-11 09:54:57

Are you using it from birth? Only because if it was from 3 months you could get away without needing the carrycot. I bought mine when DD was 3.5 months and we just used 2 liners to make it more padded and it worked a treat!

I'd also suggest getting a carrycot second hand as people don't tend to use them for long so they're usually in great condition, and it'll save you a bit of money. You could always buy a new mattress if you want.

I personally really like my Oyster. The only couple of niggles I have are the fold - forward facing the chassis and seat fold into a kind of wedge shape which is an awkward shape for some boots, rear facing it folds into a long shape which is too long for most boots. I have a big car so not a problem for me, but a problem for my mum's car. Also the front wheels aren't great for curbs and you have to go up or down at an angle.

Generally though I'm really happy wit it. smile

saoirse86 Sat 18-Jun-11 10:04:29

This is a good deal if you're happy with pink! It doesn't actually come with the carrycot, it's the wrong picture.

Nicplus1and1baking Sat 18-Jun-11 20:47:25

good selection theresaoirse86 i have that excat oyster waiting for dd to arrive.

even though im nt normally into pink prams this is in fact a lovely subtle raspberry grin

must say cant wait to use it x

amzliane Sat 18-Jun-11 22:36:14

Thanks folks. I went to look at them today and i really liked the oyster! She is 8 weeks old so if I hold off for a another month I could maybe get away with not having to buy the carrycot smile
Thanks for the link I really like the pink one! xx

saoirse86 Sun 19-Jun-11 09:33:52

I really like that raspberry too, it's not too pink for me. But how could I sneak it past DP?! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now