Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Tandem pushchair compatible with maxi cosi - calling puschair addicts!

(15 Posts)
AnnaAndBump Thu 16-Jun-11 16:49:04

Hi, I have a DD (10 months) and DC2 is due in November, what tandem would you recommend? Ideally I would like it to be compatible with the maxi cosi cabriofix seat as we cant afford new car seats!!! Thanks!

FriggFRIGG Thu 16-Jun-11 18:15:14

any other requirements?
i could list quite a few from that....

you could check out bestbuggy for brill comparisons and reviews,to try to narrow it down a bit! smile

doughnutty Thu 16-Jun-11 18:29:47

We've just ordered a baby jogger city select which has adaptors to fit a cabriofix.

One of the main reasons we went for it too.

The i candy is also compatable but our 18 month old is a big boy and liked the fact the seat seemed bigger and not right up against the other seat. I'd feel sorry for the one in the back seat with no view. Also the fold is really quite good and small for a tandem.

allthefires Thu 16-Jun-11 18:42:05

Phil and ted
Baby jogger city select.

Baby jogger city mini double (new model)

pramsgalore4 Thu 16-Jun-11 19:05:54

phil and teds are very good, i like the look of the new 4 wheel models the verve and the hammerhead i have a sport, i have had many double pushchairs but always go back to the phil and teds (although my 5 year old is really too big for it now) i even had phil and teds e3 sold it wished i had not and bought a sport model. second seat comes in handy for shopping when you only have one with you!!!!

AnnaAndBump Thu 16-Jun-11 19:17:34

Thanks for your advice so far, I dont really have a huge list of requirements; as light as possible, I don't have a huge car so a small fold would be good, I don't do much off roading. I'm not sure what I think about P&T's in that they look great and get good reviews but having seen some older children in the bottom seat they look a bit uncomfortable and feel it might be a bit boring for them!

Guildfordnanny Thu 16-Jun-11 19:56:13

Best Buggy is indeed a great place to begin for tandems grin You can see statistics and photos side by side. But here is my list of tandems that take a Maxi Cosi seat with the toddler on board too:
Baby Jogger City Select; Phil&Teds Explorer, Hammerhead, Verve and Vibe; B-Dual (using Oyster car seat adaptors); iCandy Peach and Pear; Mima Kobi; Kolcraft Contours; O'Baby Zoom, and I am going to put the new Mountain Buggy Duet in the mix as it is narrower than some of these tandems but is a side by side. I have to go now ut will come back in a bit and add thoughts. BTW the Baby Jogger City Mini Double doesnt take car seats.

pramsgalore4 Thu 16-Jun-11 20:04:04

my kids argued over who was sitting in the back of the phil and teds, they never complained they were uncomfy and the new models are more padded than mine now and it fits in the back of a galaxy with all 7 seats in.

Guildfordnanny Thu 16-Jun-11 20:59:31

I am back now smile I honestly think given you want a small fold that you should look at the Baby Jogger City Select (but bear in mind it will be heavy once your eldest is around 2 and a half), and also very seriously consider waiting for the new iCandy Peach Blossom. It will be the best all round tandem pushchair IMHO from birth to three. The Duet will be most likely the best all round double however the fold is large but ot would be worth measuring your boot for. I agree that my eldest always chooses to go underneath any pushchair ie Phil&Teds, B Dual etc. However not all Phil and Teds are the same. The sports style eg Explorer and Hammerhead are one style and the Vibe and Verve are another. I think you either love them or hate them. They are also pushchairs that people seem to move onto as the children get older. They all have niggles but my biggest one is the lack of storage on them...yes you can buy panniers etc but then the width increases. Depending on your boot size, I would consider the Duet seriously, the Kolcraft Contours and B-Dual as well.

AnnaAndBump Fri 17-Jun-11 23:27:07

Thanks for everyone's advice! Guildford you are mumsnet's very own pushchair oracle, who needs bestbuggy!! I'm off to convince DH that we should invest in the new iCandy, even though we spent a fortune on a quinny for DD less than a year ago, wish me luck.....

saoirse86 Sat 18-Jun-11 13:08:13

Guildford actually runs best buggy! She knows everything there is to know about pushchairs! wink

urbandaisy Sun 19-Jun-11 18:20:06

A friend has the iCandy Peach Blossom twin and raves about it. I've taken her pair out in it a couple of times and it's so lovely to use that we've ordered the single version for our first, due in September.

Guildfordnanny Sun 19-Jun-11 21:24:03

AnnaAndBump - please do try and get the new version - even if you have to wait a month or import the new Blossom kit from the US. It is MUCH better than the current one.

AnnaAndBump Mon 20-Jun-11 16:45:54

Guildford we were looking at the iCandy pear as you can pick these up second hand on eBay, we only bought our quinny last year, plus a maclaren, so DH already says my pushchair budget has been used up! Is the peach blossom so much better than the pear??

Guildfordnanny Mon 20-Jun-11 17:34:57

IMHO it's much much easier to steer - it's the difference between a tank and a butterfly. But you can't have your children rear facing unless baby is in a car seat. You need to have a play with both in a shop. You could sell the Quinny and Maclaren ;) because the Peach has been my favourite single too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now