Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Is there anything similar-ish to the Bee but a bit - well, comfier?

(10 Posts)
Lady1nTheRadiator Wed 15-Jun-11 07:47:52

I love the Bee+ and it ticks all the boxes for me - rear-facing, light, one-piece fold, bar handle, takes a board. But, DD doesn't look very comfy in it now she's getting bigger - she is only 8 months but seems a bit slouched in it, and her legs are always dangling off the end, she is not particularly big.

If only the BJCM was rear-facing... and that's the one aspect I really don't want to compromise on.

Any ideas?

Hate the Cam, hate the Buzz - babies look like they fill these seats well before 1.

MadameAdelaide Wed 15-Jun-11 09:53:05

pliko switch? not tried it myself but it looks a comfy spacious seat

JarethTheGoblinKing Wed 15-Jun-11 09:54:22

Babystyle oyster? Not sure if the seat is suitable from birth though but had a look at one the other day and it looked very comfy

JarethTheGoblinKing Wed 15-Jun-11 09:55:23

Ah, see that she's 8 months, sorry, should read posts properly!

KvetaBarry Wed 15-Jun-11 09:58:51

Britax B-Smart or whatever the new version of the Vigour is called? 20month old DS still has plenty of growing room in ours. Britax

chocoroo Wed 15-Jun-11 10:01:51

The Oyster has a huge seat and folds very simply - I can do it one handed easily and I am about as coordinated as an uncoordinated thing.

It does fold with the seat attached but if you have a small boo you might want to detach the seat first as it makes it very long - it just fits into my Seat Ibiza but fits easily when separated.

aswellasyou Wed 15-Jun-11 10:16:22

I don't think you'll find something as good as a Bee for what you want to be honest. The Oyster isn't that small at all when folded. Have you tried a thick padded liner? My sister and I have a Powertwin for our 9 month old daughters and have just bought thick liners to put in it because we've had the same issue with the front seat.

Lady1nTheRadiator Wed 15-Jun-11 21:06:11

Thanks for the suggestions, I like the look of them both actually. aswellasyou I think you're right that there is nothing as small and light etc so if I am going to change pushchair I am probably going to have to compromise somewhere. I really like the BJCM but I wonder if I would really kick myself for losing the rear-facing. I think I should go to Mothercare and have a proper look.

JarethTheGoblinKing Wed 15-Jun-11 21:27:46

When you go to Mothercare make sure you take each pushchair you like for a proper walk around the shop (to make sure it fits down the aisles) with your DD in it!

Then buy the one you want from Kiddicare wink

wonkylegs Wed 15-Jun-11 21:34:37

Stick with the bee, you won't regret it and your child will be fine
My DS is now 3 and we've used ours right up til recently even though he's a big lad and I thought he would grow out of it he didn't
In the winter we did get him a buggysnuggle (the cowprint fur one) but otherwise he was ok, mainly got it to keep warm/snuggly
It's such a fab buggy in so many ways, (and I've heard the newer versions solve all the muffles of the initial one) that you'd be daft to give up on it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now