Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Teutonia

(8 Posts)
FrettyBetty Tue 14-Jun-11 19:54:52

We are new to this! Help! We are not 'loving' any of the pushchairs we've seen so far. We are currently thinking of getting a Teutonia BeYou, which seems very similar to Bugaboo Bee, but higher, which we like. It's also cheaper and it comes with a carry cot, which Bee does not. BUT it does not fold as neatly as the Bee does. With the Bee the seat folds together with the frame, whereas with the Teutonia the seat is separate, though the frame folds quite neatly.

Anyway - any experience with Teutonia anyone? Of any model?

Thanks!

aswellasyou Tue 14-Jun-11 20:22:20

Are you sure you mean a BeYou? It doesn't look anything like a Bee to me. You don't need a carrycot for the Bee because it lies flat. I wouldn't really want one with a seperate carrycot that I'd have to store personally.

pramsgalore4 Tue 14-Jun-11 20:24:42

hi, i had the spirit s3 and did not like it, had to have the front wheel replaced as it kept jamming sideways and only found out about the recall on the wheel due to googling and going onto there website ( they sent be out a new wheel straight away to be fair) the basket was imposible to gain access to when the seat was facing you and as for removing the seat well it would take me ages with me giving up my arms were just not long enough i think and i have owned many pushchairs so am experienced in the workings of a pushchair!!! and the seat was really low compared to other pushchairs, on the plus side the seat did always look comfy and the sun hood was huge but dont think i would buy one again, will have alook at the one you have mentioned but bet it has the same seat so would attach the same way

pramsgalore4 Tue 14-Jun-11 20:36:01

not like the bee more like the cameleon if anything, but yes the same seat unit that was on mine, try taking the seat off in the store may be theres a nak to it!!! but i could never do it. i would have put a baby straight into the seat and would not waste my money on a carrycot. if you want a high pushchair take a look at the new stokke xplory i had the old model and loved it baby nice and high.

FrettyBetty Tue 14-Jun-11 22:46:58

Cheers, yes, I saw Stokke in a shop and quite liked it but it looks really cumbersome! Maybe I'll have another look.

As for straight into the chair, I thought babies were meant to be 100% flat from birth if they sleep. So I'd have to rush home if the baby fell asleep...

thisisyesterday Tue 14-Jun-11 22:51:06

i loved my teutonia. incredibly well built, though heavy (it was a big double though)

wouldn't hesitate in recommending the brand to anyone.

and i would much prefer to have a carrycot personally

pramsgalore4 Tue 14-Jun-11 23:25:13

i tilted slightly all my babies (all very sicky babies) as long as it is almost flat its fine, its really bad for them to be in travel systems ( carseat) but lots of poeple do, (i wouldnt) but i have seen the seat and would not have any problems placing my baby straight into it, but it is a personal thing, when i bought mine there was another couple buying one and they decided not to bother with the carrycot and put the baby straight into the seat.

AngelDog Wed 15-Jun-11 11:48:51

We have a Teutonia Spirit S3 (3 wheeler) and it has been really good - I'd definitely recommend them. DS is 18 months now.

We found the carrycot really useful in the early days. You could unclip the carry cot from the pushchair and take the sleeping baby into the house, whereas it would be impossible to get the whole pushchair over our front door step without waking them.

We also used the carry cot instead of a Moses basket indoors.

I don't bother removing the seat unless we need to put it in the car (we leave the pushchair unfolded in our hall), but I don't find it particularly difficult to do. The basket holds lots of shopping (I do all our shopping on foot, including all our food, so it gets plenty of use!). The basket is harder to access when the seat is lying down flat, but other than that, I don't have any problem putting all my shopping in it. I put things in through the side, or at the front of the pushchair, or lift up the footrest for access at the back if necessary.

I've only used mine rear-facing though. The rear facing seat, the adjustable handles and the manoeuvrability & ability to deal with rough terrain are the main advantages of the Teutonia IMO.

Babies being 100% flat from birth applies to when they're awake as well as asleep, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now