Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

MB swift storm cover

(7 Posts)
SaltNSauce Sat 11-Jun-11 23:15:22

I just ordered a new Swift and then realized it doesn't come with a rain cover. Having had an attack of the vapors at spending £340 on the pushchair I am loath to spend a further £25 on a rain cover. However am torn as of course it would fit perfectly and if selling at a future date would add value.
A universal three wheeler rain over costs £9.99 on eBay.
Opinions?

HarrietJones Sun 12-Jun-11 01:36:32

I have the proper one. Can't comment on the other version but the cover seems stronger thanmy previous generic one.

The sun cover is much better than a parasol too.

I love the pram btw!

SaltNSauce Sun 12-Jun-11 13:31:55

I hope to love it too but just wonder if anyone uses a universal cover and can comment on pros and cons. Ta.

HarrietJones Sun 12-Jun-11 15:35:31

It is narrower than a lot of three wheelers.

Have you bought the pram yet? I got my rain covers thrown in, you could try?

SaltNSauce Sun 12-Jun-11 17:01:44

Good thinking. I have emailed to ask.

MonkeysPunk Sun 12-Jun-11 22:13:56

I tried a generic cover on mine and it was too big. It rubbed on the front wheel.
The swift cover obviously fits well, but is bettter quality than average as has zip front panel and is vented. It also comes in a handy nylon pouch that velcros onto the buggy frame for storage. A well thought out product I think.

SaltNSauce Sun 12-Jun-11 23:22:02

They are resisting my haggling efforts.

Submit I say!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: