Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Difference between maclaren stollers

(7 Posts)
dcb Fri 10-Jun-11 22:10:49

Thinking of buying the techno xt for our newborn to go on holiday with as he will be 11 wks and would like him to lie flat. Just wondering what the models that are suitable from 3 mths are like and whether the techno xt is worth the extra money. Happy with current pram other than takes up a lot of room in the car so looking for umbrella fold. Thanks

5inthebed Fri 10-Jun-11 22:15:42

Techno XTs are great for younger babies. Smoother ride, better suspension. They lie quite well back, and they also have had hugger in case you want to use them as well.

Hoos is also great, unzips and comes right down to provide protection against the sun.

Can I also suggest you look at Baby Jogger City Mini strollers, they are fantastic. much prefered mine over my XT any day.

dcb Fri 10-Jun-11 22:17:01

Thanks, will have a look x

MonkeysPunk Sat 11-Jun-11 10:17:38

Baby jogger city mini would get my vote too. Love the superfast fold system and large hood. Besides I think the seat is more comfortable for babies and children.

MonkeysPunk Sat 11-Jun-11 10:18:56

John Lewis were selling the sand cream one for £175 yesterday online.

Hevster Sat 11-Jun-11 20:37:09

xt is great for a baby and comes into it's own with a larger toddler, the bigger wheels make it loads easier to push than the triumph or quest

Jojay Sat 11-Jun-11 20:39:23

Another vote for BJCM - it'a fantastic. But my friends loves her XT and has used it from birth for both her kids so I'm sure it would be fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: