Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Out'n'About Nipper Double 360

(10 Posts)
SconesForTea Thu 09-Jun-11 13:52:40

Will it really fit through most doors?

I'm expecting DC2 in October, DD will be 20 months, I don't have a car and do a lot of walking. Rather than buy the first double buggy I see, I'm trying to do some research, but there are sooooo many, I am finding it very hard to narrow it down.

I thought I wanted an upright rather than side by side, but there doesn't seem to be consensus on which is the best one. However the 360 Nipper seems to be highly thought of. But will it be too wide to get in and out of shops, etc? (Normal ones not supermarkets)

Guildfordnanny Thu 09-Jun-11 15:09:39

In theory it is too wide to drive straight through but because it is a 3 wheeler / has a triangular footprint, apparently you can put one side wheel through, then wiggle it and then get the other through.

pramsgalore4 Thu 09-Jun-11 15:59:31

mountain buggy i think are one of narrowest on the market, although the only one that would fit though our front door was the phil and teds side by side, but i liked the mountain buggy best have had both, as for shops, normal shops like m&s debenhams boots etc yes fine but smaller shops forget it, phil and teds sport are good but no room for shopping. i think the 360 is really wide i would check and compare

Guildfordnanny Thu 09-Jun-11 21:14:09

More specifically look at The Mountain Buggy Duet I think it will be as near perfect a double pushchair as you can get. It is narrower than ome tandems but yet has full sized seats. It arrives fingers crossed in late July.

Guildfordnanny Thu 09-Jun-11 21:14:27

*some

oooggs Thu 09-Jun-11 21:16:54

fits through my normal double glazed front door no problem and I haven't had any problems in shops either.

On holiday once it wouldn't fit through the door to the swimming pool but the quick release wheel is so easy (even with twin toddlers in it) that it was never an issue

Fantastic pushchair

oooggs Thu 09-Jun-11 21:19:49

that mountain one looks good through!!!! Takes car seats or carrycots yet still a side by side - sounds brilliant - past my twin buggy days though!!

SconesForTea Fri 10-Jun-11 09:57:30

Thanks for your responses. Aargh back to the drawing board...

ellangirl Tue 14-Jun-11 14:39:07

Just so you know, there is a new model double nipper 360 out at the beginning of august with lots of improvements to the old one. Not sure about width etc but it's worth consideration perhaps.

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Tue 14-Jun-11 14:45:14

We have a nipper (quite old model though) and it fits through nearly all shop doors as it is meant to fit anywhere that's wheelchair-accessible (which most places now are).

It doesn't fit through our front door though unless we pop one of the wheels off (they are easy to take on and off though but it is still a bit annoying). They are very nice and easy to push though, easier than some singles I reckon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now