Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

What double buggy do you use in the boot of a Zafira?

(11 Posts)
ChocFudgeCake Wed 08-Jun-11 23:28:22

All seats up. I read and old thread, but I would like to know of someone who is happy with her buggy and does not need to take wheels off everytime! We have a double nipper, but it's too much hassle. Thanks smile

buggyjo Wed 08-Jun-11 23:36:20

hi is it the new zafira or old style?i can get a p&t in,but have to take of all wheels and hold it in place with bungie cords...and it a right pain in the kneck!!i also had a obaby double buggy and that fitted,but found it to small for my little 2.it amazes me how people carers have such small boots!!

Insanitybecomesme Wed 08-Jun-11 23:39:26

I Have the tesco value double buggy in the back of mine, it is the most basic buggy but at least it fits, I also have a nipper which I tend to use for all non car journeys because it is a pain to put in the car.

Guildfordnanny Thu 09-Jun-11 01:43:08

I have seen an iCandy Peach Blossom in the back of a Zafira with all the seats up on the iCandy Facebook page recently.

saoirse86 Thu 09-Jun-11 09:39:00

I just did a google search and saw a few people saying the koochi twin stepper fits. HTH smile

pramsgalore4 Thu 09-Jun-11 10:06:14

dont know if it would work in your car but we have a ford galaxy boot space very poor with all 7 seats in and i have a phil and teds and we hook over the top of the seat (the head rest ) perfect fit this way ( when you fold a phil and teds there is a metal bar at the end where the seat and front wheel have folded in half this is the bit i hook over,it has never fell off very secure ) and still leaves room for shopping,

pramsgalore4 Thu 09-Jun-11 10:09:28

you could always go to a large mothercare and ask if you can try it, unless you know of someone you could ask, once you see a phil and teds folded i have the sport you will see what i mean

Guildfordnanny Thu 09-Jun-11 10:21:45

I would also be surprised if a Baby Jogger City Select did not fit. It is the only tandem pushchair that fits under a convertible roof - the rest are singles. it s very flat when folded - I am just not sure about the large wheels / angle ot would sit. But definitely worth a look.

Guildfordnanny Thu 09-Jun-11 10:23:52

Mountain buggies are flat at the end which may be useful to know too? The wheels end up at one end. The new Duet will have smaller wheels than the Duo.

januaryjojo Tue 14-Jun-11 14:01:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChocFudgeCake Tue 14-Jun-11 14:21:49

Thank you thank you thank you smile
Hubby's been busy on the computer, I couldn't come and post before. I'm going to take a look to all these buggies. Our Zafira is 2004.
Pramsgalore4, I'll see if our double nipper has a bar like your P&T.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now