Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Buggy dilemma -Help please!

(6 Posts)
sparrow45 Sat 04-Jun-11 18:46:21

Hi, was wondering if anyone can recommend a good buggy as an addition to my main pram ( I already have the britax b smart 4). We need a smaller pram to take on holiday, day trips etc...I want something sturdy enough so that DS won't be totally uncomfortable if going over uneven terrain, also something that he can't throw himself out of (!) and also something which won't tip over the moment a bag is hung on it.
Any suggestions?
I have looked at the mothercare xoop, the mclaren triumph and quest....any thoughts?
He is 8 months old just now and is quite a big boy, want a pram with a good sized harness too.
Thanks

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 04-Jun-11 21:18:07

Hate the Quest & Triumph...Tehy're awful

The Techno/Techno XLR are good (SO worth the extra cash compared to the Quest/Triumph)

Would also recommend the Chicco Multiway

Bloody brilliant buggy! I love it!!

saoirse86 Sun 05-Jun-11 10:51:26

This chicco multiway is only £80!

carrielou2007 Sun 05-Jun-11 19:32:53

Lots of triumph and quest around, I personally hate them, though if it is a stroller you are after then mac xt is fab. Easy to push, comfy for baby, suspension, good size hood for holidays, good raincover, suspension so smooth ride. We are not a happy chicco house though know lots of people are happy with the cheap'oschicco's grin

DingleDangleDiva Wed 08-Jun-11 07:55:39

The Chicco Multiway is ideal for a big child and the wheels handle a lot more than any other stroller out there but the large seat and wheels make the pushchair quite wide and chunky so not a throw in the car lightweight but still worth it if you can IMO.

I don't think Mac's are up to what they say they are TBH, I had a Techno for a few months and hated it because it felt rickety.

sparrow45 Wed 08-Jun-11 18:22:57

Thanks for the advice... Well in the end I went for a mac xt-got a price match at mothercare and quite happy with the deal. I had a look at the chicco multiway and I did like it but it felt quite a bit heavier than I had expected for a 2nd pram for us. I had a look at a lot of buggies to be honest but as I walked I found my foot kept catching on the brake at the back on loads of them.
So dilemma over! For now....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now