Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

mamas and papas skate pram? any experience of them?

(5 Posts)
lotti37 Fri 03-Jun-11 19:23:20

hi i am expecting number 3 next month and need to buy a pram, was going to buy a second hand one. had a phil and ted before which i loved. wanted something not to heavy folds down well looks nice but you can push easily on different terrain. does anyone have any experience with a mamas and papas skate pram, or jane 360? any other recommendations. thank you so much!

lotti37 Fri 03-Jun-11 23:07:54

any recommendations? thanks

Graciescotland Fri 03-Jun-11 23:16:10

I've got a skate, it's quite heavy though, folds down easily, tis a little bumpy on different terrains but I find pushing it along grass will send DS to sleep so I don't mind smile TBH I like it but tis more of a pavement pram

SwellyBelly Tue 07-Jun-11 20:14:20

I had a skate, and as gracie says its quite heavy. The seat / bassinet is great, though if you buy second hand it'll probably come with an odd harness which I didnt like. We live in Switzerland and used it for various terrains, but wasnt frankly up for outdoorsy activities as it was too heavy and the front wheels arent pneumatic. Did you consider a second hand mountain buggy instead - i think they are lighter and more all-terrain, but not sure how compact it folds.

Guildfordnanny Tue 07-Jun-11 23:16:23

I would look at a Mountain Buggy, or a Nipper, or a Baby Jogger Elite or Summit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: