Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

B-smart or Sola?

(10 Posts)
blueeyedmonster Thu 02-Jun-11 22:19:54

I thin I have decided on one of these, I just can't bring myself to like the bee at all blush.

Which one do you think is better and will actually last me from newborn to tall 3yo?

seeksnewnamewithgsoh Thu 02-Jun-11 22:25:43

I have a B Smart 3, although I'm only 12 months in, so I don't know how it is for older toddlers. DD isn't at the age of climbing in or out herself. It's been fabulous, a real work horse.

Brilliant in the snow, across grass, cobbles and gravel, easy up and down kerbs. DD sleeps like a dream in it, and the massive hood is great in low sun, especially with the zip out section. I use it for absolutely everything.

The only downside for me is that it is a bit big for my Punto boot - I have to take a wheel off, but it's fine otherwise. Even with shopping. Also, I would love it if it folded while parent facing, as it's a bit of a pain to switch it every time I put it up or down. However, it's a 10 second job now so hardly back breaking!

Can't comment on the Sola I'm afraid. I seem to have got my perfect pushchair first time grin

saoirse86 Fri 03-Jun-11 10:12:39

Generally I'd avoid M&P pushchairs. Their build quality and customer service are known to be awful. Having said that I know a lot of people have solas and are pleased with them.

Personally I'd be going for the b-smart. smile

Guildfordnanny Fri 03-Jun-11 10:38:02

I have also heard grumbles about Solas.

Bimbles Fri 03-Jun-11 17:45:56

I have a sola and I wish I'd gone for something else.I've had it for 5 month and it has been nothing but problems. To any britax owners how big is the harness? I have a big boy and I did hear the harness wasn't very big.I might end up with another pram as so fed up with sola.

blueeyedmonster Sat 04-Jun-11 16:21:20

Thanks! Looks like the b-smart is the one to go for then smile

blueeyedmonster Sun 05-Jun-11 15:10:19

seeks is it heavy to push? Would I be able to push it and turn it easily one handed while holding onto ds?

Milkybrew Wed 08-Jun-11 20:20:52

Hi, I have a B smart 3. I love it, it's so easy to push and manoeuvre! Can't recommend it highly enough!

seeksnewnamewithgsoh Sun 12-Jun-11 21:40:51

Sorry, OP, we're in the middle of moving and living with the dreaded inlaws so I don't get much chance to come on at the moment.

You can totally do it one handed. It is quite heavy I'll admit, but they've worked magic with it when it comes to pushing it. I think it's the big wheels. It's an absolute dream. I can push it one handed on one cobbly hilly alley in town. I don't have a toddler pulling me in another direction though yet wink but I'm sure it's more than up to the task.

<might divorce DH and marry my B Smart blush>

blueeyedmonster Tue 14-Jun-11 20:03:47

It's ok seeks!

Thanks for the pushing info. Easy to manoeuvre sounds good. I'm sure it can't be that much harder with a runaway child pre-schooler grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: