Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

do i need a buggy bag to take on the plane?

(8 Posts)
mamaesi Thu 02-Jun-11 07:37:31

I just got a new travel buggy and I am going on a plane with it for the first time. It was not soooo expensive so I am not bothered if it gets scratched but I am worried if it gets broken...

has anyone done it without a carry case and been ok? do you recommend a travel bag for buggy? which one?

thanks

mousymouse Thu 02-Jun-11 07:41:23

no, I never had one. but have a cheapo buggy for travelling just in case.
have seen the airline/airport crews just dropping the pushchairs down from the boarding gangway to the tarmac...

EldonAve Thu 02-Jun-11 14:06:40

We have done it without a bag and seen some mangled ones
Also had ours arrive soaking wet as it was raining outside

We usually take a bag now

DunderMifflin Thu 02-Jun-11 14:07:33

never taken a bag but not had any issues with rain or mangling!

UntamedShrew Thu 02-Jun-11 14:09:30

We don't but our travel double was only £80 on ebay. Wouldn't fly with my main one for fear of mangling.

MadamDeathstare Thu 02-Jun-11 14:12:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EldonAve Thu 02-Jun-11 17:11:19

I bought a maclaren bag - either eBay or kiddicare have similar

stressheaderic Thu 02-Jun-11 22:58:21

I got a Mothercare travel buggy bag off eBay last year for about £8. Had a lovely brand new Cath Kidston Maclaren and was being a bit precious about it. This year, it's getting slung in the hold - it's our everyday buggy and looking little bit knackered.

Not sure about taking a v cheap buggy on holiday, DD slept and rode in hers lots last year and we went here, there and everywhere - so she was nice and comfy and it was a joy to push.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now