Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

do i need a buggy bag to take on the plane?

(8 Posts)
mamaesi Thu 02-Jun-11 07:37:31

I just got a new travel buggy and I am going on a plane with it for the first time. It was not soooo expensive so I am not bothered if it gets scratched but I am worried if it gets broken...

has anyone done it without a carry case and been ok? do you recommend a travel bag for buggy? which one?

thanks

mousymouse Thu 02-Jun-11 07:41:23

no, I never had one. but have a cheapo buggy for travelling just in case.
have seen the airline/airport crews just dropping the pushchairs down from the boarding gangway to the tarmac...

EldonAve Thu 02-Jun-11 14:06:40

We have done it without a bag and seen some mangled ones
Also had ours arrive soaking wet as it was raining outside

We usually take a bag now

DunderMifflin Thu 02-Jun-11 14:07:33

never taken a bag but not had any issues with rain or mangling!

UntamedShrew Thu 02-Jun-11 14:09:30

We don't but our travel double was only £80 on ebay. Wouldn't fly with my main one for fear of mangling.

MadamDeathstare Thu 02-Jun-11 14:12:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EldonAve Thu 02-Jun-11 17:11:19

I bought a maclaren bag - either eBay or kiddicare have similar

stressheaderic Thu 02-Jun-11 22:58:21

I got a Mothercare travel buggy bag off eBay last year for about £8. Had a lovely brand new Cath Kidston Maclaren and was being a bit precious about it. This year, it's getting slung in the hold - it's our everyday buggy and looking little bit knackered.

Not sure about taking a v cheap buggy on holiday, DD slept and rode in hers lots last year and we went here, there and everywhere - so she was nice and comfy and it was a joy to push.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: