Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Is there anything like the BJ City Mini, but parent-facing?

(16 Posts)
ennistonemother Wed 01-Jun-11 17:45:06

Or am I asking for the moon on a stick?

I'm after something
- that folds down small
- light and foldable one-handed
- suitable from 3 months
- with big enough wheels to go up stairs easily-ish and steer nicely

and can face me!

Am I right that the BJCM is all of this except parent-facing? Is there anything that does all this, or should I just forget the last one and let DD enjoy looking out?

Thanks for your help!!

Guildfordnanny Wed 01-Jun-11 18:00:34

LOL I would be inclined to buy the BJCM because IMHO its one of the best light weight pushchairs there is, with great features like the recline, hood, car seat option, with the simplest fold ever! I have a collection of pushchairs but its the one I reach for the most because its easy and simple and yet comfy.
Either that or you wait for the iCandy Strawberry in August?? because that would do it all!

FriggFRIGG Wed 01-Jun-11 18:07:06

moon on a stick

Guildfordnanny Wed 01-Jun-11 18:36:17

LOL and I really thought you would come up with something original FriggFRIGG! The only thing about the Strawberry is I wouldn't say the fold was particularly small.

FriggFRIGG Wed 01-Jun-11 18:57:40

nope sorry....im disappointed in myself sad

grin

ennistonemother Wed 01-Jun-11 18:57:44

Ooh I like the look of that - thank you very much both of you!

I shall go and investigate it in August!

FriggFRIGG Wed 01-Jun-11 18:58:14

oh good!grin

Guildfordnanny Wed 01-Jun-11 19:17:57

The Strawberry is doing pre view runs in iCandy shops at the minute. I saw it last week iCandy Strawberry Photos It folds with the seat on in either direction and remembers what was the last position the seat was in before you folded it! Very clever and very beautiful!

suzie38 Wed 01-Jun-11 21:19:16

August now??? Fantastico!!!

Guildfordnanny Wed 01-Jun-11 21:31:29

Well I was told the end of August...which I guess technically could run into September by the time it arrives in store??

Guildfordnanny Wed 01-Jun-11 21:33:06

Just thought there is the Phil&Teds Smart with Verso adaptors to make it parent face??

suzie38 Wed 01-Jun-11 21:33:34

Do i need to email iCandy to find out the stockists or will the usual sellers get them??? I know our JL sells them but other than that i've no idea as i've never been interested in them before.

suzie38 Wed 01-Jun-11 21:37:36

Just looked and my nearest pram shop sells them...I went in there to look at an Oyster and i knew more about them...I'll give them a call and ask if they know anything in a month or so time...More personal than JL though JL might like me because i was the first person to see their Donkey and they wheeled it out especially for me even though it wasn't complete.

Guildfordnanny Wed 01-Jun-11 21:38:21

I would give your local iCandy stockists a call - try a few. They are listed on the iCandy website.

ennistonemother Thu 02-Jun-11 09:46:17

Cool, I'll also check out the P&T Smart. Hurrah!

WillyBumBalls Thu 02-Jun-11 10:16:30

The P7T smart has a tiny solid, seat unit and uses adapters to make it rear facing, these have to be removed and the seat unit placed forward facing to be folded. So more hassle than it's worth IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now