Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Quinny Buzz - love it or hate it?

(33 Posts)
littlelapin Tue 31-May-11 21:05:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mistressploppy Tue 31-May-11 21:18:21

Here are my feelings on the Quinny Buzz;

<clears throat>

Cons:
Heavy, bulky and not very easy to fold up, the wheel base bit is especially weighty. I'd venture to say it would be unuseable if you'd had a section.
You have to buy the carry cot extra bit to make it suitable for newborns
Tyres can puncture but we got round this by having them 'slimed' at Halfords
Straps and buckle are a bit of a PITA

Pro:
Easy to steer (we live on a lumpy gravel road)
Handle goes up really high (DH and I both around the 6ft mark)
Comfy for DS (19mo)
Takes Maxi Cosi car seat
Comes with squidgy seat liner for little ones (DS still in this) and thinner one for bigger children
Wheels come off the base really easily if you need to fit it in a smaller boot

Overall though, I wouldn't buy it again, given the choice. But I'm not so bothered that I'd change it for another one. It'll do fine for the rest of DS's buggy days and for any subsequent sprogs grin

littlelapin Tue 31-May-11 21:29:27

aswellasyou Tue 31-May-11 21:30:11

I didn't like it much at all. It is big and heavy and difficult to fold. My sister and I found ourselves spending about 10 minutes trying to fold it in JL's car park once. This was actually her pushchair and it didn't hang around very long.

aswellasyou Tue 31-May-11 21:32:55

And the carrycot seems to tip weirdly at the foot. We used to put the babies in my pushchair's carrycot together when they were really small but we couldn't do it with the Buzz because of its wonkiness. I'm guessing this isn't a problem for most people though. hmm

littlelapin Tue 31-May-11 21:33:30

aswellasyou Tue 31-May-11 21:38:20

They definitely will let you try it in the car. It is a lot. I'd be aiming for 10kg maximum personally.

Honeydragon Tue 31-May-11 21:39:35

Haaaaaaate it! It's wider than my arse so its pretty damn wide!

mistressploppy Tue 31-May-11 21:40:36

Sorry - slime is some sort of magic goo that they inject into tyres that stops them getting punctures (nearly). I think it just seals from within any little holes that might appear...

saoirse86 Tue 31-May-11 21:43:51

My 2 main issues with it were the weight and size of the chassis. Yes the chassis fold super flat and it folds with the seat attached but it's so wide that you need a huge boot or to take the parcel shelf off.

When I had it, I had a fiat punto so admitedly it was a small car but the boot wasn't that much smaller than bigger cars. Even so I had to put the chassis in sideways with the parcel shelf off, then hold it up as I put the carrycot in and tried to shut the boot without everything falling out. There also wasn't much space left for shopping.

In short: Hate it!

I'd go for a bee or cameleon if your DH doesn't like icandys.

PartialToACupOfMilo Tue 31-May-11 21:55:10

Agree with all of the above!

We bought the Buzz as on paper it looked perfect and pushing it around in a store it also seeme great. It's not perfect though and I've loved and hated it at different points over the last 18 months.

The carrycot was a Godsend and dd would only sleep there - not in her cot, moses basket, bouncy chair etc. So we ended up using the carrycot as an actual cot for a couple of months as well as as a pram. It does tip strangely, but we never found it to be a problem. I loved that it detached as I could carry her into the house asleep (5 steep steps to the front door). Carseat attaching was also good for carrying her into house when asleep and for a quick whizz round the shops or wherever if we arrived somewhere and she was asleep. Dd is now in the toddler seat and I absolutely love that we can finally fold the thing up without taking the seat out - takes up much less boot room now too. Dd seems really comfy in it and sits up nicely as well.

The bit that we really hated was when she was in between the carrycot and toddler seat - so when she was in the normal foamy type seat that comes as standard with it! She could never sit up straight in it and always slumped - she's been able to sit up well on the floor or wheerever since five months old so definitely the pushchair rather than the baby. Also she kind of hung forward in the seat, so didn't look at all happy in it. Had to take seat off to fold it every time it went into the boot too so for about six months I hated it.

Other negatives:

We have a 3 wheeler and I think the 4 wheeler is a bit more stable on kerbs - but you can get a conversion kit which we've thought about.

Rain cover is absolute shite (so was the one for the carrycot thinking back...). Hard to get on and off quickly, the bit that you hold to zip and unzip it is small and fiddly and it's just a general faff - unlike the maclaren ones which are just perfect.

Shopping basket has to be bought separately and is tiny.

Handle makes it quite hard to hang change bag (won't fit in shopping basket) and whenever we hang it from the hooks and dd wants to get out, it tips backwards as soon as she's out, so we have to have the whole extended rigmarole of taking off the bag, taking dd out then putting bag into the seat at the front.

We're not changing it though if we have another. We have a maclaren quest which we use for the CM run as it can be slung in the boot quickly and was much cheaper, so we won't be too heartbroken if it breaks. But a new baby will be straight into the carrycot on the Buzz frame - got to get your money's worth!

littlelapin Tue 31-May-11 22:08:59

WillyBumBalls Tue 31-May-11 22:19:39

Hate, hate, hate - pushes crap, steering is crap, folding is crap, basket/bag thing is crap, seat unit is crap... you getting the pattern grin

Do you need something that you can go walking with? urban or terrain? All very dull I know but these things narrow it down a lot.

http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/20/15265/bebecar-ip-op-pushchair---blackchilli/ The Bebecar Ip-Op]] is fab and combines lightweight with good walking wheels and you don't need to store a carrycot or anything as it is suitable from birth.

TeddyMcardle Tue 31-May-11 22:27:41

I wouldn't buy it again for all of the reasons stated above, but as it was so much money for me I've been forced into a rather unhealthy love affair with mine characterised by forced affection, terror of loss and bubbling resentment.

littlelapin Tue 31-May-11 22:34:57

Honeydragon Tue 31-May-11 22:48:24

ok two words that do not go are

sling and buzz

littlelapin Tue 31-May-11 23:32:36

Honeydragon Tue 31-May-11 23:45:20

littlelapin grin

Now that does work.

littlelapin Wed 01-Jun-11 08:52:15

Lady1nTheRadiator Wed 01-Jun-11 09:05:57

I had rather a strong hatred of Bugaboo's but the Bee+ was the only thing that ticked all the boxes for me and I am a total convert. It is SO light to push with either the baby or toddler in it or even both (toddler on a board) and it takes the Maxi Cosi (with adaptors) with or without the seat unit on... fab fab fab.

Lady1nTheRadiator Wed 01-Jun-11 09:06:48

'

littlelapin Wed 01-Jun-11 09:10:23

saoirse86 Wed 01-Jun-11 10:51:30

littlelapin when are you due? Because, if your DH likes them, there'll be the icandy strawberry coming out in september I think it is, and the icandy peach jogger. I'm sure JL will have them both.

Guildfordnanny Wed 01-Jun-11 11:21:40

The strawberry is lovely smile

saoirse86 Wed 01-Jun-11 11:32:25

Ooh Guildfrod you're the woman in the know! When are they both coming out?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: