Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Carrycot for BJ City Select tandem

(4 Posts)
WizzyBizzy Mon 30-May-11 17:23:29

Anyone know how the carry cot fixes into the BJCS and whether you can use other carrycots (either 'legitimately' or if you can fashion a way of securing one in)? I have a carrycot for older child's pram but thinking seriously about getting BJCS when number 2 arrives, but don't want to have to buy a new carrycot if I can get away without! Can't figure out how the BJCS attaches and if you could figure out a way of attaching a different sort of carrycot.

Grateful for your thoughts Thanks!!

WizzyBizzy Mon 30-May-11 17:33:41

Just realised my question is really dumb - the carrycot must attach with a bracket onto the frame right? Sorry, I'm confused - was looking at how carry cots go into other BJ singles and had thought might be the same on the tandem - obviously not. Anyway, if anyone knows if there's anyway of getting a different brand cc onto it let me know!

Also anyone know roughly what I shoudl expect to pay for a second hand one on Ebay with all the kit?

thks

Guildfordnanny Mon 30-May-11 19:00:49

The BJCS carrycot kit is simply the fabric, apron and mattress. You use the frame from the seat unit plus the hood from the seat and build it yourself. I sold mine for £40-50 - I can't remember exactly but one of those.

Guildfordnanny Mon 30-May-11 19:02:24

BTW it uses poppers to fix on and two legs come down to form the shape. Oh you also get a fixed bar to swap instead of the moveable seat footrest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: