Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

clueless about buying second hand...please help

(12 Posts)
mamaesi Sat 28-May-11 07:29:07

I really have no idea how much people expect for a used buggy... how do you judge a fair price?

how much would you pay for a 3 year old, but good condition, graco citisport?

FrameyMcFrame Sat 28-May-11 07:50:09

Maybe just put it on ebay with a minimum price that you wouldn't want to get less than for and see how it goes. If it doesn't sell the first time then try it again for a bit less?
I'd put it on for a week listing to make sure as many people see it as poss.

mamaesi Sat 28-May-11 08:10:41

no I am the one buying and I am not sure what to pay...

FrameyMcFrame Sat 28-May-11 08:16:15

Oh sorry, half asleep still!!
About £10 to £15, there are a few on ebay at buy it now prices around that amount.
cgi.ebay.co.uk/GRACO-CITISPORT-PLUS-inc-RAINCOVER-Buggy-Pushchair-/110692370219?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item19c5c7872b#ht_580wt_1139here is a link to one for £15.

suzie38 Sat 28-May-11 08:18:11

Well i bought one from a car boot for £8 but i've no idea how old it was...Recently a seller on eBay was selling brand new ones for £69 and £59 depending on the model, there were 3 models overall...Think they were being sold for around 60% of the original value...I think if i was buying second hand now i'd not want to pay much more than £25-30...They appear to be a good little workhorse that seem to last for many years but then i guess it depends how much they've been used...I love them as i still have my two, the original one and the brand new one i bought for £69 as i prefered the blue color.

mamaesi Sat 28-May-11 09:17:41

yes. this lady wants 40 and its three years old. i thought it was too much...but its so convenient as its only around the corner from me.
and i have never bought from ebay or gumtree before

thank you ladies.

suzie38 Sat 28-May-11 10:05:43

Ask her if she'll take an offer...If it's been for sale a while she might...£40 is a lot unless it's barely been used...If it has lots of accesories such as footmuffs and rain cover it might be more worth £40 as Citisports don't come with raincovers as standard...You do have to buy seperately.

aswellasyou Sat 28-May-11 11:34:48

Here are some completed listings for you to compare. £10 to £25 looks like the right price range.

saoirse86 Sat 28-May-11 18:31:40

Is it this one? Then maybe £40 isn't so over the top if it has the raincover and was harldy used.

I'd say ask if you can go and have a look, then make your decision. It might be near perfect and you're happy to pay £40, or it might be a bit worn and you could offer £25 or £30. If you do that go with 20's, 10's and 5's so you can pay the right money. You wouldn't want to agree on £25 and then find she has no change for a tenner!

Chandos Mon 30-May-11 22:57:23

If you want my opinion Don't buy second hand. Here are lots of deals out there and at least you know the history of the buggy. Also if you have any problems you can go back to the shop

mamaesi Thu 02-Jun-11 07:29:55

thanks everyone. decided to use a gift certificate to mamas and papas and got a new buggy for 60

FrameyMcFrame Thu 02-Jun-11 17:46:19

good plan smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: