Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Britax B Dual

(16 Posts)
LibbyLou123 Wed 25-May-11 19:01:25

What are people's opinions on this pushchair?
Can you recommend any similar pushchair for 2 children (not Phil and Ted or icandy pear pushchair)
Thank you!

Guildfordnanny Wed 25-May-11 20:48:21

I love the B-Dual. My first impressions weren't great but as I started to use it, I realised how useful, practical and well thought out it was. The newborn space at the bottom is great. There really is no need for a carrycot or soft cot TBH if you use blankets. I like the option to put a car seat on too. Great hoods, good basket etc. The fold is large but it freestands but it is easy to do. There is a lot of space for the lower child. My eldest lives it. I feel she is more comfy underneath as she 'hangs' a bit from the upper seat. The lack of foot rest doesn't help but I raise the footrest so her feet are forwards for her. It is wide though but some of the width is the wheelguards which do flex a bit. It's actually shorter than a Phil&Teds. It is probably the best all round tandem out there at present. Have a look at Best Buggy for photos etc. Amazon have a great deal on at present with a free second seat until the end of May. I don't know the age of your children but if they are 6 months plus the Hauck Duett is great value for money. Narrower than the B Dual but with better front seat, I prefer the lower seat on the B Dual. Harder to fold but narrower. The Baby Jogger City Select is a top favourite here. Practical, smart, useful, small to store. If you can wait take a look at the Mountain Buggy Duet due out at the end of July.

MonkeysPunk Wed 25-May-11 21:22:21

Can the mountain buggy duet be used as a single? Also what is the weight limit for each seat please? Oh and do you know the price of it too?

Guildfordnanny Wed 25-May-11 21:56:34

No the Duet can't be - well you have one empty seat smile The combined seat load is 36kg which is fab for older children (up to 5 is recommended). Full details are here Mountain Buggy Duet Price at the minute is £580 for most preorders, however if you have a TAMBA discount then there are deals to be done, and I also believe the price will not be fixed until the Duet arrives on British soil and the exchange rate for that day is known. So you could grab a bargain if things change! Some people did with the Freerider. There are only 80 Duets coming into the UK and a lot are already pre sold.

Guildfordnanny Wed 25-May-11 21:59:35

Sorry, wrong link Try this one!

recklesspixie Sun 29-May-11 18:51:58

I'm in the same situation, want to buy a single that converts when needed to a double. I'd really appreciate if someone could help, have been looking at :

baby city jogger select -up to what age can it accomodate the toddler?

Phil and Teds explorer-don't like not beng able to see the newborn, but live in rural area and it pushes so easily on uneven ground.

britax b dual-looks bulky? what age can it be used up to?

Bugaboo Donkey-very ugle when used as a single and so expensive!

Any suggestions/recommemdations are welcome.

Am pregnant with DC1 and although people here seem to recommend waiting to wait til you have your DC2 before jumping the gun and buying a pram that converts I've made up my mind to get one. If I'm unlucky and don't end up having a second child it doesn't matter, there isn't a huge difference in price and I'm willing to take the risk.

Guildfordnanny Sun 29-May-11 19:21:48

First of all have a look here because it may help you especially the "compare pushchairs" tool, and the side by side comparisons. The BJCS compared with the B-Dual is here. The BJCS v's B-Dual photo set are here

The UK only test up to 15kgs per seat so officially each can take this weight. However if you look at US sites both pushchairs are tested there up to 20kgs.

The BJCS offers a smaller fold and choice of seating positions etc. but the B-Dual longer term ie with two older children pushed better. Both have good storage although the BJCS has the edge - but it does depend which child is where and in what seating position.

But to be honest I think my top bet of the year is the iCandy Peach - which converts to the Peach Blossom later - I have the first of the new version here at present to test out. Also I currently have the first Mima Kobi here as well and that is an unusual but fabulous tandem too.

I think all four of these pushchairs are very good. They have pros and cons and none is perfect but if you look critically at your life style, car boot and storage space, and where you go and what you think you will do ie shopping, walking, playgroups etc. then you should choose the right one. I actually think you are very wise to think ahead - I wish I had!

recklesspixie Sun 29-May-11 19:59:31

thanks so much Guildfordnanny I only ruled out the I candy because my friend has one , her son is 12months old and she is seven months pregnant and finds it very hard to push, but I suppose she'd find anything hard to push at the moment-she's petite with a huge bump. Love the look of the I candy too.
Have looked at that website before but as I've no chiildren yet and no experience of prams it's hard to take it all in. Everyone has such different options! Thanks again!

recklesspixie Sun 29-May-11 20:18:42

**opinions!! not options!

Guildfordnanny Sun 29-May-11 20:34:59

I have a 2.5 year old and 10 month old and I can say the Peach is one the of the two easiest tandems on the market (the new Blossom kit dissent come out until the end of the year but that isn't an issue for you as you would get the Peach first), with the B Dual not far behind. There is also the iCandy Pear / Apple with pip convertor but this is a heavier option. Try to get to try some of these out preferably in the same shop.

littlebrighteyes Sun 29-May-11 21:27:25

hi -and hi Guildfordnanny

i have ordered the b dual -i looked at amazon -then i found a better deal on this website http://www.itsababy.co.uk/
----Until July 2nd, It's a Baby are offering this amazing Britax deal as part of our BIG EVENT!

thank you for all the advice .

Guildfordnanny Mon 30-May-11 02:07:31

It's only £331.48 with a free second seat (or carrycot) for a red B-Dual on Amazon which seems to be about £60 cheaper than itsababy?

littlebrighteyes Mon 30-May-11 10:53:06

yes-sorry

i ended up getting car seat aswell as well as the second seat (mean i got both}

Guildfordnanny Mon 30-May-11 12:02:10

smile Its a lovely car seat. Much nicer than my Maxi Cosi. All padded and with a neat recline system so baby lies flat.

Chandos Mon 30-May-11 22:49:13

BDual Free second seat uni promo also available at Babies R Us

Chandos Mon 30-May-11 22:49:44

**uni should read unit

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: