Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Considering a Bee+

(7 Posts)
bettydoc Sun 22-May-11 19:29:00

Our DS is almost 1 (and quite chunky). We have a Bugaboo Frog that's about 6 years old. I'm thinking of trying to sell it and using the money to put twoards a Bee+. Would you?

MonkeysPunk Sun 22-May-11 20:23:23

If you are mostly urban based - then yes - not if you are going off-road regularly though. It's a great buggy for pavemented areas - really nippy and has fab suspension. It's really light to push too. I think it will make light work of your little one.

MonkeysPunk Mon 23-May-11 19:13:05

I've had a bee plus, I'm currently selling it (ebay) as I bought it to use rear facing, and now Ds is almost three his legs are nearly trailing on the floor rear facing. I've decided I may aswell get a forward facer and get as much as I can for the bee while It's still in warranty and great condition.
I've just got the maclaren xlr. I have to say its excellent value by comparison. Not as stylish as the bee and a bit simpler perhaps but the suspension and manouverability are fab. Seat is large and extremely comfortable too. Quality is very good. So maybe think how long you'd be using rear facing. If not long, is consider the maclaren xlr as an alternative. I must say I prefer the xlr to the xt I had as the quality is so much higher. Definately more of a luxury buggy.

EmmaNicole Mon 23-May-11 21:59:32

I have a Bee Plus, bought it when DD was about 14 months after using Quinny Buzz for first year. I really like it but it hasn't been without it's problems (though all sorted really quickly and easily by Bugaboo). Think I'm turning into a pramaholic though as I've been eyeing up other pushchairs recently and, if budget allowed, I'd probably buy a few more!! But budget doesn't allow and I'd therefore have to sell the Bee, and I know I'd miss it like mad. The features are good but it is bloody expensive for what it is!!

bettydoc Wed 08-Jun-11 07:40:45

I've been browsing t'internet for deals. Have had my eye on a couple through eBay. Only trouble is that they seem to go for almost the RRP. Starting to think I'd be as well with a new one at £400 than a 2nd hand one for £300?

bettydoc Thu 09-Jun-11 14:06:54

I have just watched a used Bee Plus (with a hole in the raincover) go for £340 + £19.99 p&p on eBay. A brand new one can be purchased for £402 on Kiddisave.

pramsgalore4 Fri 10-Jun-11 09:51:39

i would never ever buy a bugaboo second hand, they are lovely and i have had a bee and a cameleon and both had problems, the bee i demanded a full refund as the back wheel dropped off and the repair they offered was for a new bolt and wheel to be replaced by a member of staff yeah right like getting my mum to fix it!!!!! spend the bit extra get one new then you have full 2 year warranty

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: