Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo <ahem> Donkey <cough>

(21 Posts)
Bratfink Mon 04-Apr-11 16:12:51

has anyone got one yet?

i thought they were out thsimonth but i'm yet to see one

letsblowthistacostand Mon 04-Apr-11 19:14:49

Glimpsed one in John Lewis this morning grin

NonnoMum Mon 04-Apr-11 19:15:37

From what I've seen (on line demo) I'd be tempted to put a newborn in the shopping bit on the side...

MonkeysPunk Mon 04-Apr-11 20:03:45

Seen them online at www.pramworld.com also seen pics on the bugaboo's facebook page in the photo's section. I have to say the buggy seats look small.
One to see in real life before you buy I think.

suzie38 Mon 04-Apr-11 20:47:26

I can collect mine tomorrow but i'm working...So collecting it on Wednesday afternoon!!!

Bratfink Mon 04-Apr-11 21:19:20

Ooo exciting Suzie38. Let me know what you think I'm very tempted, am going to miss my cameleon when no2 arrives. Am also assuming I'd be able to flog it easily when I've finished with it

suzie38 Mon 04-Apr-11 21:26:15

Okie dokie will do...I've just bought a mono as no plans for more children...The seat is narrower than the Cameleon and Frog...I'd be interested in seat width of the First Wheels twin to compare...I didn't try DD in the seat as the carrycot was on the demo model and it's such a faff taking the carrycot off...My DD is tiny, wearing 9-12 months with less than a month till her 2nd birthday so seat will be fine for us.

5inthebed Mon 04-Apr-11 21:36:24

What was the price, if you don't mind me asking?

suzie38 Mon 04-Apr-11 21:44:51

£899 from JL...Standard listed price on Bugaboo website.

5inthebed Mon 04-Apr-11 21:59:00

Thats not a bad price, I expected it to be over £1000.

kejm1 Tue 05-Apr-11 17:59:30

hi john lewis started selling them yesterday - they are instore but won't be available online i have been told as they want people to come in and be educated on them! will be picking mine up on Friday can't wait!

Guildfordnanny Tue 05-Apr-11 19:35:50

Have you seen these photos and reviews? http://www.bestbuggy.co.uk/category/twins/bugaboo-donkey/

suzie38 Tue 05-Apr-11 20:20:06

That was a great review...Only 20 hours to go and i'll have mine smile

suzie38 Wed 06-Apr-11 21:22:39

Well collected my Donkey late afternoon...You need a big car to pick it up in!!! Haven't taken it for a walk yet as by time DH came back from the park, while i was picking it up, it was almost dinner time and DD was in a stroppy mood...The hood rods are like the Bee Plus, which i didn't get on with, turns out they weren't aligned properly and only figured it out day it got picked up...Anyway i'd much prefer Cameleon rods but seems i should be able to use my Cameleon custom hoods, just be slightly gappy around the connectors...Likewise i can use the seatliners but only because i never strap DD in...The harness is basically a Bee Plus one, only it's permanetly fixed so no idea how the Donkey seatliners, footmuffs will fit on...It's big when folded though maybe less so if you removed the front wheels...Only semi recline when forward facing as seat is same width as the handle and can't recline further back as handle is in the way...So if you have LO that will sleep in Donkey best to rear face as if you turn seat around with them in it (know you shouldn't) then it makes a big click, possibly waking the sleeping beauty...Basket is brilliant...Even though seat is narrower it's pretty wide at shoulder level so it seems quite spacious but i do have a tiny DD...DD loves the basket and has been using it as a carrycot for her toys!!! Going out for the day tomorrow so will give it a full test run with possibly a nap in it.

Widdows Mon 20-Jun-11 10:08:19

Hi Suzie38, How are you getting on with your Donkey? I am thinking about ordering one and want 'real life' reviews.

Widdows Thu 30-Jun-11 23:34:33

Bugaboo donkey review; Got my donkey this week! Love it, sold my bee & cameleon to help towards cost. Next baby due soon but for now using it as single. Just as good if not better for steering/handling as the bee & cam. Son loves the higher seat position, means I can push him up to a restaurant/cafe table and he can see/eat/join in. No need to faff about with swapping highchairs/pushchairs around and if he falls asleep during meal, just reclinesmile raincover much better fit & easier to put on than cam. Breaks system better at foot, my ds kept applying cam break when rear facing meaning I'd stop suddenly! Side basket a lot more handy than you would think, I'm getting very used to it, be kinda sad to loose extra storage when second seat needed as extra baby will need extra storage. Easy access large underseat storage. Love the big wheels, off road a breeze. I have to bump up and down 3 steps to get in/out of house and this is much easier with bigger wheels. Fold is big, but not the biggest, totally manageable and obviously smaller if you remove wheels. So far pleased with buy. Usual bugaboo quality and 3years warrantysmile

thisisyesterday Thu 30-Jun-11 23:37:23

i tried one out in john lewis last weekend

i have to say that although i liked it (and i am really not a fan of bugaboo, but couldn't resist having a go) the seats are really, really narrow!

ds2 and ds3 could get in it. just. if they had winter coats on they'd have been wedged in so tighht they could hardly move.

but then, it's a narrow double and the width has got to come off somewhere i guess.

think it'd be good for small babies though, especially if you had twins

MonkeysPunk Fri 01-Jul-11 06:44:50

I love the look of the donkey wheels. I can imagine its lovely to push.
I think my 3y old would use the side basket as a toy box / snack bar!

Guildfordnanny Fri 01-Jul-11 13:16:45

Someone gave me a tip the other day re making the fold smaller. Put the Donkey in mono mode, then into two wheel mode, and the fold is much flatter. The Donkey will then slide / stand neatly in a gap!

suzie38 Fri 01-Jul-11 16:09:36

The Donkey is a dream to push i hadn't used it for about a month and was resurprised how lovely it is to push.

suzie38 Fri 01-Jul-11 16:10:36

Mine fits beeter in the car if i lock the wheels facing forwards...In normal push mode wheel position it takes up more room folded.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now