Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

triplet pram advice

(15 Posts)
livefortoday Wed 16-Feb-11 21:02:00

Hi so for all you buggy experts..!

Im looking for a pram for newborn triplets. ideally something that will last through.

do not want a triple side by side, and dont really want a triple tandem as too long imo for crossing roads etc.! argh

so...

so far ideas are :
to get a double mountain buggy, and use a double carrycot with 3 babies in it. how long would they fit like this? or use as regular double and sling/ combination

then the t3 jogger, would have to sling one and two in pram. from what age is the toddler seat from?

do we have any other options??

carrielou2007 Wed 16-Feb-11 21:05:35

I'm of no help but wow!!!

ShowerofBastards Wed 16-Feb-11 21:12:04

The ABC is good - bit like the MB but shorted wheelbase (I think). And a seat on the roof, facing you.

not sure what you do when they are too small for the roof seat though.

Double carrycot sounds good.

Congratulations btw smile

PrincessCntofCntania Wed 16-Feb-11 21:13:55

So sorry about my name btw. It was for a different thread blush

PrincessCntofCntania Wed 16-Feb-11 21:14:09

(have changed back!)

mumo75 Wed 16-Feb-11 21:16:30

ABC adventure buggy

fantastic double buggy with extra seat on hood all seats suitable from birth!!!

http://adventurebuggycompany.com/

and ive ordered from Phil & he was great

PrincessCntofCntania Wed 16-Feb-11 21:17:18

How do you do the roof seat with a newborn?

livefortoday Wed 16-Feb-11 21:19:56

The abc can be used from birth with the lay back top seats, but i think its too tall to see over!

PrincessCuntofCuntania Wed 16-Feb-11 21:20:49

I've seen one in use and it looks fine. The mum wasn;t very tall either. smile

Aimsmum Wed 16-Feb-11 21:24:49

My friend has triplets and uses the ABC that's been linked to, it is honestly not that bad to see over and you can always look to the sides. She has used it from birth and her babies are just over 2 now and she is still using it (tho it is getting really heavy to push) But is by far the easiest for getting round shops etc according to her.

She also has a double and a single for when she is not out alone.

MerryMarigold Wed 16-Feb-11 21:24:55

I think a double carrycot should last you a while (and would look suuuuuper cute). I had my twins in a double MB with carrycots for about 5 months and but they were quite big at birth.

ruthe1979 Sat 17-Sep-11 21:43:30

Do you know how she ordered the ABC pushchair for her newborn triplets? The website looks like the company is based in New Zealand...

suzie38 Sat 17-Sep-11 22:00:10

Think you can email Phil and deal with him directly.

aswellasyou Sat 17-Sep-11 22:04:29

You have to have them imported. Have you looked on eBay? There are always plenty of them being listed, but I know there have been some adaptations to the model over the years.

Tiggywunkle Sat 17-Sep-11 22:06:04

Yes, the cheapest option is to mail Phil Green and buy direct. He can take a while to respond to e mails though but he's absolutely lovely. I have a twin ABC ie one on top and I absolutely love it. The only downside is that it is too long to fit in my car when folded. It's no problem driving it! I can see great. My only comment is that the lower seat is a tad low. My tall 14 month old fits well but my almost three year old is too tall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now