Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Reviews on Bebecar Ip-Op Black Pushchair

(8 Posts)
EvaLongoria Tue 11-Jan-11 17:14:26

Hi

We have our second baby due in March and we sold our buggy that we had for DD now 3. I came across Bebecar Ip-Op Black Pushchair, it retails at about £650 and I can get it for exactly half that. I am looking for anyone that has any pros and cons.

I dont drive and walk everywhere or take a bus but when DH is home we drive everywhere. The package I have does not include the car seat but we have a car seat separately already but it does include a carrycot.

Any feedback welcome.
Thanks

carrielou2007 Tue 11-Jan-11 21:19:41

Not had one myself but have heard from others that it is a lovely pram, roomy carrycot, very sleek to look at, bulky for in the car but any decent 'proper' pram will be.

There is no suspension though which you would expect for something of this price and for a heavy pram and for lots of walking I would struggle to use something with no suspension.

EvaLongoria Tue 11-Jan-11 21:30:10

Hi

Thanks for replying.
I decided to buy it because I did not want it to go back to the £650 price. Bought it from Precious Little Ones and it was on for half the price plus additional £10 discount and free delivery. So maybe for £319 not too bad a deal. Have option to return within 7 days if not happy.

I am also now very worried about it not having suspension but could not find any reviews on that particular makes. But the brand itself had a good review.

DH currently has a Mondea and because of it now being our second baby he will stick with big cars (he works for a car dealer)

suzie38 Wed 12-Jan-11 05:32:17

It says it has Bebecar 'rolling system'...Maybe this is their form of suspension but as much as i tried i can't find any specifics on it...Email Bebecar to ask...I can't believe they'd make a pushchair without suspension...Models year ago had very 'soft and easy' suspension compared to other pushchairs at the same time.

waterbabe71 Wed 12-Jan-11 08:19:08

We have an Ip-Op pram and DW loves it, which is good as it makes my life easier.
I never really noticed the suspension before as I'm not the main user but we've just looked and it does have a suspension.
As Suzie says, email Bebecar. We telephoned them when we first bought it and they were very helpful.

shatteredmumof5 Wed 12-Jan-11 08:24:12

The rolling system is the way the chassis folds!! I've had a couple of ip ops as I liked the look but to be honest I didn't really use them as I found them hard going with a child in. It's really difficult without trying yourself as everyones taste is different. It also depends on what you've been used to pushing before!! Sorry to not have been more use!!

EvaLongoria Wed 12-Jan-11 10:51:36

Thanks for replies. I will try and give them a call now.

shatteredmum I will use it more than DH as I will be home with the little ones. My DD is a very good walker and she will be 3.5 when baby is born. I looked at how the buggyboard would fit on and it has a rating of 5 out 10 and I thought I wont bother at all as she is good at walking and has a little scooter that she is trying to master. So most days will be taking and dropping DD off at nursery, attending some baby groups and walking into town which is a 5 minute walk.

EvaLongoria Wed 12-Jan-11 21:21:34

Just to say that I could not find a contact number and I emailed them and got a reply almost immediately stating:

Thank you for your email.

The Ipop does have suspension on the rear of the chassis.

Any other questions please contact us again.

Kind regards

So hopefully all else will be okay and I can look forward to using it with the new baby.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: