Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Double for twin toddlers? P&T? Other ideas?

(13 Posts)
rattling Tue 11-Jan-11 12:23:31

I'm looking for a replacement for my First Wheels twin. My boys are now 20 months old and too heavy to have rear facing, so all the benefit of that pram (which I have loved) are now outweighed by the impossibility of getting it on a bus or in my car.

I have an old M&P Aria twin which stays at my parents and I use if we go away, but it is just a bit too rickety, really needs the front wheels locked now they are a bit heavier - making it unwieldy to push and the seats are a bit tight now. And still quite big to get around the place.

So thinking about a Phil&Ted. Any opinions? The seats don't recline as a double - is that right? Any other considerations? Other than persuading one of them to get underneath just as we are entering the tantrumming phase.

Or any other ideas?

thisisyesterday Tue 11-Jan-11 12:26:13

i would get a baby jogger city mini double

mel2005 Wed 12-Jan-11 14:35:05

the mountain buggy is great for twin toddlers, i also i had the p&t inline but sold it for the side-by-side p&t for my car buggy. a shop on e-bay had them new on clearance and they went for between £155 and £205 new posted. it was this seller shop.ebay.co.uk/discountnurserygoods247/m.html?_nk w=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686 could be worth a try e-mailing them to se if they have some more.

ilovecrisps Thu 13-Jan-11 00:10:19

double nipper 360
try you'll be hooked

etta81 Thu 13-Jan-11 15:40:28

Phil & ted's vibe V2, LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it!! Don't have to worry about it fitting through doors and it can be used as a single if you've only got one kid with you (which is probably never with twins!!!!)

I had the original vibe to start with but had it replaced with the V2 due to it having problems with the front wheel and the handlebar. The V2 has had all the common problems fixed and it handles like a dream. I get so many compliments while out with it and even though it is quite expensive because you have to buy everything separate (doubles kit, rain covers, footmuffs etc.), its worth the extra pennies.

The only problem you might have with twins is that the doubles kit can only carry a weight of 33lbs when on the back, so it will be out grown faster than the main seat.

The out 'n' about nipper 360 double would be my next choice. I haven't got one but a friend has and she loves it.

cadifflur Thu 13-Jan-11 15:53:16

My friend had the nipper and loved it. I wish I'd got one, but went for the P&T vibe. WOuld not recommend it personally. I found it got too heavy with two in it and it reduced how much I got out and about. (Not twins, but 2 yr gap, so slightly different, but at the age of your twins I thnk it would soon be outgrown)

Hevster Thu 13-Jan-11 21:31:16

Nipper all the way, had P&T and loved it but Nipper is in a different class if you are pushing 2!

rattling Fri 14-Jan-11 14:37:37

Okay. I am aware the Nipper is the double of choice by everyone (twin club is awash with them) and as I struggled home over the ice following 2 of them this week I can see the appeal.

My one reservation has been the fact the seats don't sit right up - my boys like to hang over the front of their seats. Has anyone else had that issue? (I'm sure if they had had this pram from the start all would be fine), and are there any easy fixes?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Hevster Fri 14-Jan-11 19:51:20

I was worried about that too so took DD1 to a shop to try 1 out and she seemed ok with it so I went ahead. I guess if it became an issue you could put a cushion down the back or something

suzie38 Fri 14-Jan-11 20:50:41

There's a bumper bar available for the Baby Jogger twin i'm pretty sure.

AnotherGreenDay Fri 14-Jan-11 23:22:27

I have a P&T and whilst I love it for a baby and a toddler I wouldn't recommend it for twin toddlers at all, unless you need and in-line buggy rather than a side by side one.
At nearly 2 my eldest is a little fed up of the bottom seat, she behaves well but can tell she doesn't like it much.
By the time the youngest is fed up of the bottom seat DD1 will hopefully just be walking/buggyboarding and I can go back to a single buggy.

giraffesCantDirtyDance Fri 14-Jan-11 23:33:16

I rate mountain buggy over nipper. Its a dream to push. (have pushed many twi buggys)

I wouldnt go for pand t for twins, good for different ages but the underneath is a bit squashed and I find the heavier it is the harder to get up on kerb and almost tips if yyou do it at an angle.

giraffesCantDirtyDance Fri 14-Jan-11 23:38:32

can lye seats back in mountain buggy, or sot right up, bar for feet to rest on - I think nipper, has a point bit at front cos 3 wheeler am not sure how feet rest on it, as only used it for little twins. I can fit loads in the underneath bit. And if not raining the hood bit is cgreat for putting crap in too.

Used it for a year and never had a single issue or complaint about it. Where as I can write a list of pros AND cons for most other buggies I have used. (which is a lot)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now