Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bought a Quinny Buzz... Can't get brakes to work - Help please!

(6 Posts)
1Catherine1 Sat 08-Jan-11 16:30:00

Today we went shopping and bought our pram. We opted for the Quinny Buzz. I got it home and put it together and I can't seem to get the brakes to work. I can't see any packaging left so I don't understand why both the brake and the release brake bits are stiff and won't move. Everything else is fine. I bought it from Babies R Us and I know the customer service is going to be hopeless so I don't want to contact them unless I'm contacting them demanding a refund or a replacement.

Anyone got one and know anything about this? This is really frustrating me - The shop is over an hours drive away so it isn't that easy to just nip back in.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 08-Jan-11 16:32:33

I have a buzz too. Found the brake and release stiff to start with too - you have to put quite a bit of pressure on with your foot. They do loosen in time though!

1Catherine1 Sat 08-Jan-11 16:33:57

thanks, I am a bit scared of braking it to be honest... but I'll give it a go.

lferring Sat 08-Jan-11 16:35:25

you have to really pump at it several times to get it on, it's definitely a design flaw with this buggy!

1Catherine1 Sat 08-Jan-11 16:40:10

<sigh> not broke at all, just stiff like you said. I applied the extra pressure I was afraid to to start with and the brake worked. Thank you

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 08-Jan-11 17:40:46

Glad you got it sorted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now