Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Swapping from pram to pushchair- frog

(6 Posts)
Giddyup Fri 31-Dec-10 16:58:19

I am flying to Australia for 3 weeks when DD will be 14 weeks old. She is a big baby (99.6th centile) with a really strong neck already (8 weeks today). I am wondering whether she would be OK to go in our frog as the pushchair by then or if she would be better off still in the pram. Could anyone tell me if:
A big 3 month would be OK in the pushchair?
Is it smaller/lighter/easier to use in the pushchair mode on holiday?

suzie38 Fri 31-Dec-10 17:15:01

My DD was in the Frog seat from 8 weeks old as she hated lying flat and not being able to see anything...Plus she had a really strong neck since birth, just like me...Years ago nearly all buggies were bucket seats from birth and those babies are now grown ups who survived!!!

Giddyup Sun 02-Jan-11 22:19:49

Thanks, does the pushchair take up less rom than the pram?

suzie38 Sun 02-Jan-11 22:27:10

Well it does if it's sitting fully upright in the forward facing position.

MakemineaGandT Sun 02-Jan-11 22:28:48

at that age I would stick with the pram to be honest - another advantage is that in the pram it will be easier to protect your baby from the sun than if in pushchair

Giddyup Sun 02-Jan-11 22:37:56

I guess if I stick with the pram I will also have somewhere familiar for her to sleep. It will be DP and myself, DS (8) and DD sharing a room- I think it may be awful so anything to make that more bearable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now