Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Quinny or maxi cosi??

(11 Posts)
CharChar29 Wed 29-Dec-10 22:27:53

I am really torn as to which push chair / travel system to get. This is my first child so have no previopus experience.
I am really keen to have the option of the two way facing idea.....
my short list of three are Quinny Zapp Xtra, Maxi Cosi Loola or Mamas&Papa Zoom - i have found reviews for Quinny and maxi cosi but nothing for the Zoom (not sure if it is really new??)
Anyway if anyone one has anything to say about any of these good and bad i would like to hear it!!!
I need some help!!

suzie38 Thu 30-Dec-10 06:22:02

The Zoom looks like a Luna with a Sola seat attached though have no experience myself.

Nicplus1and1baking Thu 30-Dec-10 11:03:47

Hi i had the loola up and loved it until DD got a bit older approx 12 months as it is quite heavy.

Had the bebe confort car seat that clips streight onto the chassis and this was a life saver.

emmaand3 Thu 30-Dec-10 16:25:07

As a quinny caster I have been reviewing the quinny zapp xtra for the past few months. I love it. It is great forward and rear facing. So far I only use it parent facing, to me that is so important as I can interact easily with Erin and keep talking to her. It gives Erin a really comfy ride. It has fab accessories expecially the footmuff which is basically a sleeping bag- perfect for winter.

It is also compatible with maxi cosi car seat so ideal from brith. Let me know if yiou have anymore questions

CharChar29 Thu 30-Dec-10 20:26:02

Thanks for these messages - still not made my mind up....
Emmaand3 do you think that it is a good for new borns - for some reason i get the impression that it is not so enclosed and cosy?? Do you need adapters to add on the car seat??
Nic - do you think the loola is unrealistic when it says it is meant for children up to 3 years??

sickoftheholidays Fri 31-Dec-10 09:51:06

do NOT buy a loola! they are awful to push.
Looking at the pics, on M&P, it is basically the luna mix frame (very good) with the reversible sola seat. and has a proper lie flat carrycot.
Do your babe a favour though, DONT buy a primo viaggio. They are heavy and too upright for babies, they always look so uncomfortable in them.

emmaand3 Fri 31-Dec-10 10:43:06

Hi CharChar,

The adapters that you need for a maxi cosi come with the zapp extra. I didn't have it from newborn - but have seen lots of people using it with the maxi cosi from newborn plus you can get covers and accessories for the maxi. I would say its comfy enough, the seat is nice a deep - which would protect a newborn. The hood is also probably the biggest I have seen which protects from the elements too. I'll go and ask one of the other quinnnycasters that I know has used it from newborn and get back to you.

secondtimemummy Fri 31-Dec-10 11:17:01

Hi CharChar

Emma's asked me to come over (Im a QuinnyCaster too) Ive been using my Quinny Zapp Xtra since my daughter was 4 weeks old and I did feel that baby was quite exposed when in pram mode. I find it so much easier to use it with the Maxi Cosi with a newborn - if you worried about warmth then there is a maxi cosi footmuff especially for the car seat and then once your little one gets a bit bigger the pram mode will be perfect. I do still use the pram with my now 18 week old but I use the Quinny footmuff.

I'd recommend but definitely get it with the car seat.

Leanne x

CharChar29 Sun 02-Jan-11 13:11:22

Emma and Leanne,

Thanks for the advice - i think i am leaning towards the Zapp Xtra - do you feel though that even though the frame is very lightweight that it will be durable and last - I am hoping not to have to purchase another pushchair until baby at least 2 years....
thanks

sungirltan Tue 04-Jan-11 11:18:59

bf had the maxi cosi loola - frame buckled after less than a year :-(

emmaand3 Tue 04-Jan-11 13:23:07

Hi again CharChar,

It defo feels like it will last. I don't plan on buying or using any other. Erin is one and I dont see any reason why I would stop using it. she has plenty of room to grow. One of my quinny friends uses it with her two yr old. She also uses it regularly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now