Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

What is better to push with a toddler and a baby...

(8 Posts)
LadyintheRadiator Tue 28-Dec-10 15:40:57

Bee+ with board, or a P&T? Though I am tall-ish and wonder if I would just keep catching the back of a P&T.

I have a Bee, and a Quest, and a 3 wheeler... but DS (3.3) is not as good as I thought at walking and we are using the car far too much. I could in theory sell the 3 wheeler, get a P&T which replaces it with the option of a double. But DP might do this face lots hmm so could just get a board but that's a lot of £££ if it makes pushing the Bee+ crap IYSWIM.

Any opinions??

letsblowthistacostand Tue 28-Dec-10 16:47:35

Bee + board vvvv easy to use. Very smooth, doesn't get in the way of walking. You do have to pull the handle all the way up but that might not be a problem for you if you're tall!

I also have a P&T, got when DD1 was 3 & a bit, because we walked A LOT and DD1 very whiny. It's heavy though.

I'd start with the buggy board, is there a shop near you that would let you try it out?

LadyintheRadiator Tue 28-Dec-10 17:06:33

Ooh thanks, that's encouraging actually, as soon as I posted I thought wtf, there isn't really money for another pushchair even if I sold the others. And I want to get the use out of the Bee really. I will see if John Lewis would let us try one in the shop, even if I can just see that I won't be kicking it all the time - I do extend the handle a lot as it is.

4andnotout Tue 28-Dec-10 17:08:53

I have an 09 bee and board and a p&t and i prefer the p&t to using the board full time, its probably as the bee board is quite long and im only 4'11 so i have to walk a bit like a duck or to the side of the pushchair.

LadyintheRadiator Tue 28-Dec-10 21:08:26

Thanks 4 so I really should try before I buy... wish I'd waited before getting the Bee.

Hevster Tue 28-Dec-10 23:33:13

i never thought I would but I have a buggy board for my maclaren techno xt and when I don't want to use it i take the baby bjorn carrier for DD2 and DD1 rides (3.2yo). DD2 is 12 weeks and it works quite well. I sold my P&T as DD1 was too tall to put the raincover on when set up for a newborn. No regrets so far P&T is quite heavy, especailly with a 3yo riding, the doubles kit and LO.
you might find an independent retailer will let you try one out in the shop?

LadyintheRadiator Wed 29-Dec-10 10:29:30

Hmmm. Thinking about this, can I use a Lascal on the Bee, because I have a Maclaren too, and a 3 wheeler, so maybe the choice would be nice?

LadyintheRadiator Wed 29-Dec-10 15:28:02

So - went to John Lewis to look at the boards and saw a woman in there with a Lascal on a Bee, so that's what we've gone for. I can walk without kicking it, it is close enough to the pram so that I can hang my bag on the bar with clips, and DS seems thrilled. Hurrah! So many places I end up taking the car for a quiet life, now I can walk more

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: