Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

What is better to push with a toddler and a baby...

(8 Posts)
LadyintheRadiator Tue 28-Dec-10 15:40:57

Bee+ with board, or a P&T? Though I am tall-ish and wonder if I would just keep catching the back of a P&T.

I have a Bee, and a Quest, and a 3 wheeler... but DS (3.3) is not as good as I thought at walking and we are using the car far too much. I could in theory sell the 3 wheeler, get a P&T which replaces it with the option of a double. But DP might do this face lots hmm so could just get a board but that's a lot of £££ if it makes pushing the Bee+ crap IYSWIM.

Any opinions??

letsblowthistacostand Tue 28-Dec-10 16:47:35

Bee + board vvvv easy to use. Very smooth, doesn't get in the way of walking. You do have to pull the handle all the way up but that might not be a problem for you if you're tall!

I also have a P&T, got when DD1 was 3 & a bit, because we walked A LOT and DD1 very whiny. It's heavy though.

I'd start with the buggy board, is there a shop near you that would let you try it out?

LadyintheRadiator Tue 28-Dec-10 17:06:33

Ooh thanks, that's encouraging actually, as soon as I posted I thought wtf, there isn't really money for another pushchair even if I sold the others. And I want to get the use out of the Bee really. I will see if John Lewis would let us try one in the shop, even if I can just see that I won't be kicking it all the time - I do extend the handle a lot as it is.

4andnotout Tue 28-Dec-10 17:08:53

I have an 09 bee and board and a p&t and i prefer the p&t to using the board full time, its probably as the bee board is quite long and im only 4'11 so i have to walk a bit like a duck or to the side of the pushchair.

LadyintheRadiator Tue 28-Dec-10 21:08:26

Thanks 4 so I really should try before I buy... wish I'd waited before getting the Bee.

Hevster Tue 28-Dec-10 23:33:13

i never thought I would but I have a buggy board for my maclaren techno xt and when I don't want to use it i take the baby bjorn carrier for DD2 and DD1 rides (3.2yo). DD2 is 12 weeks and it works quite well. I sold my P&T as DD1 was too tall to put the raincover on when set up for a newborn. No regrets so far P&T is quite heavy, especailly with a 3yo riding, the doubles kit and LO.
you might find an independent retailer will let you try one out in the shop?

LadyintheRadiator Wed 29-Dec-10 10:29:30

Hmmm. Thinking about this, can I use a Lascal on the Bee, because I have a Maclaren too, and a 3 wheeler, so maybe the choice would be nice?

LadyintheRadiator Wed 29-Dec-10 15:28:02

So - went to John Lewis to look at the boards and saw a woman in there with a Lascal on a Bee, so that's what we've gone for. I can walk without kicking it, it is close enough to the pram so that I can hang my bag on the bar with clips, and DS seems thrilled. Hurrah! So many places I end up taking the car for a quiet life, now I can walk more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now