Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

new quinny zapp??

(12 Posts)
babydrip Tue 28-Dec-10 10:24:02

Hi
I had a play with the new quinny zapp in toys r us, i thought it was great except....the handle seemed to 'give' a bit and appeared a little unstable??
is this normal??
thankyou
xxx

dietcokesholidaysarecoming Tue 28-Dec-10 10:35:16

My zapp felt quite rickety too.

babydrip Tue 28-Dec-10 11:21:12

thankou humm probably go for the dee plus
xxxx

emmaand3 Tue 28-Dec-10 14:34:15

hi babydrip, yes it does give a bit. It takes the bounce in the handles to ensure a smoth ride for baby. I am one of the QuinnyCasters and this was explained to us. Its a great buggy, i love the forward/ rear facing seat unit. It also reclines and my lil one loves nappinmg in it too. Let me know if you have any other questions and if I can't help I'll ask the company for you.

Tabitha8 Tue 28-Dec-10 17:34:11

Is it still rear facing for a toddler? I'm wondering if the seat will go upright or not?
Thanks!

emmaand3 Tue 28-Dec-10 18:19:09

Hi Tabitha, the seat unit can be forward or rear facing at any stage. It also reclines no matter which way round you have the seat unit. It has a little clip on the seat unit to change it from recline to vertical. I even do it as we go along now. Hope that helps.

Koumak Thu 06-Jan-11 22:14:28

I am bit confused about the zapp.
Are there two of the same?
One is supposse to be the smallest on the market but home come it is able to face both ways?
Or are there two seats you have to buy for this to work?
Thanks

suzie38 Fri 07-Jan-11 05:01:10

You can buy the original Zapp that folds in one piece...The seat is fixed and doesn't recline...Recently the Zapp Xtra appeared...It has a reclining seat that can face both directions...The seat unit has to be removed to fold it so it's a 2 piece fold...I'm lead to believe you can buy a seat unit on it's own to fit onto a regular Zapp.

fairimum Fri 07-Jan-11 10:14:21

I have a Zapp Xtra and LOVE it! yes it doesnt fold as small as the zapp but i love thatn DS can face both ways and my 2/5 year old DD sleeps well in it too!

Yes the handle felt a little rickerty to start with but once the children were in it it feels really sturdy!

I ahve had SO many buggies and this has been best for me (also have a phil&teds for dog walks as DD cant walk as far as we go) - wanted soemthing light and reasonably small for DS when DD can walk and I really dislike umbrella folding strollers (no idea why) and wanted DS to be able to face me! I LOVE it!!

Celine31 Fri 07-Jan-11 10:31:22

is Quinny Zapp compatible with maxi Cosi car seat?

Koumak Fri 07-Jan-11 13:02:19

So the best is to buy the old zapp and just buy the new seat to go with it?

Or do I buy the new zapp and old seat with it?

Do the both seats then fit on the both chasis?

I like the idea of this pushchair but think I should really try it out in one of the shops. Especially as dh will need convincing to buy another buggy! Any idea where is best for North London based mummies?

suzie38 Fri 07-Jan-11 21:35:06

Well if you buy an original Zapp then you can buy the new seat unit seperately but no idea about how available to buy they are at the moment...I did see one for sale on eBay but as i'm not after a Zapp i've not researched them...You'd only be able to have 1 seat on at a time but could be handy if say you were catching a busy bus to put the sit up only seat so you could fold the Zapp easily in one piece...But if you were out and about and your LO needed a sleep then put the new reclining seat unit on the frame instead...I don't live anywhere London so no idea where to buy from.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: