Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mutsy 4 Rider carrycot stand ("babysitter")

(6 Posts)
ChessyEvans Tue 21-Dec-10 16:16:38

Hi all,

After months of trawling the net and the shops we have finally taken the plunge and have bought a Mutsy 4 rider light travel system. I absolutely love it (although the folding mechanism is going to take some practise!).

The reason for my post is that on the Mutsy website (USA) and in US retailers you can buy a stand which turns the carrycot into an overnight cot for newborns, and later turns the buggy seat into a rocker / bouncer. However I can't find this for sale anywhere in the UK.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these in the UK or have any alternative suggestions? I know I could just get a normal moses basket stand, but I like the idea of the carrycot clicking on securely.

Any ideas gratefully received! smile

Iheartchristmas Tue 21-Dec-10 21:42:43

Not sure about the stand but I have a mutsy stand (maybe when second child comes along) that I don't want to throw away and would happily give to a mutsy owner.

In london by chance?

PS - GREAT choice in pram absolutely loved mine, until DS2 came along very quickly and needed to buy P&T. Used both for a while though.

MonkeysPunk Wed 22-Dec-10 07:38:38

try German ebay. Or make UK ebay do worldwide search in settings. There are a number of German sellers doing all mutsy parts who do sell to UK also. You'll most likely get faster delivery than from within the UK too. They seem very efficient in my experience.

ChessyEvans Wed 22-Dec-10 13:54:43

Thanks MonkeysPunk I have tried ebay although may have only had it on the UK setting so will look worldwide, thanks for the tip!

Iheartchristmas - I'm in Chippenham which is not a million miles from London but not on doorstep either! What do you mean by mutsy stand? Are you talking about the step up thingamy?

MonkeysPunk Thu 23-Dec-10 23:43:14

IheartChristmas you can fit a duo seat onto the mutsy 4rider chassis! No need for a p&t! Really the duo seat is only approved for use on the urbanrider chassis in the UK. But, it is used on the 4rider chassis in the USA and Germany! It does fit and can be done.

ChessyEvans Tue 04-Jan-11 11:55:46

Oooh monkeyspunk didn't realise that - was going backwards and forwards for ages between the urban rider and 4rider for exactly that reason.... Will be something to consider in a few years' time! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now