Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Is it only Maclaren buggys that come with hinge cover?

(3 Posts)
Tabitha8 Sun 19-Dec-10 16:20:50

Does anyone happen to know? Given that it isn't only Maclarens that have been injuring fingers..... I didn't think to ask when I looked in Mothercare last week.

MonkeysPunk Sun 19-Dec-10 21:22:56

so far as I know it's only the maclarens - however - I recently ordered a Maclaren "Owen" (ltd edition) and it came without hinge covers (it was also a 2007 version I'd been sent!) so I sent it straight back - and bought a baby jogger city mini instead - which proved to be a great alternative and much more roomy and comfy for my child anyway!
They can't get their fingers stuck in this one - and it has many advantages (in my opinion) over the maclarens (it is the same weight as a maclaren xt for example) by having a larger roomier seat - with more ergonomic design - and full layback. A larger shopping basket - which is more easily accessible, the hood is much bigger and provides protection from rain, sun, snow and also darkness for nap time! etc etc.

Tabitha8 Tue 21-Dec-10 15:15:31

Oh, I know, I know grin. Everyone on here likes them. I've never seen one, so might just order online from Mothercare and see what I think. I really wanted an adjustable leg rest as DS is so little for his age. However, I do love the fold of the BJCM.
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now