Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

All in one VS Seperates

(8 Posts)
strumpet82 Wed 01-Dec-10 11:34:04

What is the general consensus on pushchairs, is it better to get a pushchair with removal carry that fits in for car set, or get three seperate items?

I'm not only thinking expense, but practicality, how easy is it to 'click in, click out' of pushchair into carry or car seat?

Any advise welcome!! confused

strumpet82

maxybrown Wed 01-Dec-10 17:23:21

I think it depnds on your personal feelings really. I hate seeing babies stuck in car seats, prefer a pram/carrycot for as long as possible. I think if you are wanting to be very quick nipping anywhere then just taking the chassis and car seat would be very quick and easy - but quick and easy doesn't always mean best, I guess!

But that's just my opion of course, nothing to do with ease or anything smile

sazm Thu 02-Dec-10 09:09:39

depends very much on your lifestyle too,
a big bouncy pram is lovely for a newbprn,easy to push and great if you walk everywhere,rubbish if your in and out of the car all the time.

with my 3rd dc i didnt use a pram at all,if i was out anywhere it was usually toddler group where he was in a bouncy chair,if i visited he was being cuddled! only used my pushchair about 6 times until he was about 6 months(with carseat on to nip to shop)!carrycot part was never used!

maxybrown Thu 02-Dec-10 09:16:35

Yeah and I don't drive so used pram a lot. Plus I liked to use it

strumpet82 Thu 02-Dec-10 09:21:00

Yeah I always think the little bambinos look squashed in a car seat, just don't want to waste money on the wrong thing! Thanks for all the advice. smile

strumpet82

maxybrown Thu 02-Dec-10 10:35:37

oh gawd, if I could count how many I have had til I got it just right grin bought most of mine second hand anyway.....but even so, DH is most glad those days are all but gone grin

nicolamumof3 Sat 04-Dec-10 22:20:50

they are squashed in a carseat, its bad for their breathing when nb for any length of time. Best off flat but again thats just my opinion.

sickoftheholidays Sun 05-Dec-10 21:20:45

car seat that clicks on is VVV useful for if you have to do school run in the car, or if you are just nipping in one shop etc, just lift it out of the car and plonk it on the chassis and away you go. If you dont do either of the above, then dont bother with a travel system, they are just an invitation to leave baby in the car seat for long periods!
Hard bodied carrycot - great, but they get minimal use and take up a lot of space in storage.
Pramettes - dont like them as they never truly lie flat, and always seem very small!
Best compromise is something like bugaboo cameleon/m&p rubix/skate/mothercare M3/4 where the carrycot is a fabric which fits on the seat frame so when you are done with it, it folds flat for storage.
Another good alternative is a rear facer with a soft carrycot or a good baby nest in it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: