Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Bugaboo Frog buggyboard on a Bee +

(6 Posts)
Celia76 Sat 27-Nov-10 17:34:02

... that's it really. After 2 children our Bugaboo Frog has now been retired! I'm planning on buying a Bee+ for the arrival of DC3 in Feb.

Will the buggyboard that I had on the Frog fit the Bee+??

Confuzzeled Sat 27-Nov-10 17:41:51

I had a frog and now have a bee, it's the same board but you need new clips.I think you can get them direct from Bugaboo UK who sent them to a friend of mine for free after she bought a bee.

Confuzzeled Sat 27-Nov-10 17:43:21

Oh and the bee is nowhere near as good as the frog for stability, but the bee folds up small/easily and folds with the board attached so less faffing.

mumface Sat 27-Nov-10 17:48:49

AFAIK it's a completely different board with different fittings. I wouldn't recommend a Bee lots of problems with chassis and wheels. Mine been sent back.

Celia76 Sat 27-Nov-10 19:10:52

Seem to be mixed views about the Bee+ generally. I agree it does feel flimsier, especially the wheels.

Thing is I live in London and use the tube a lot so I want a smaller buggy than the Frog which was pretty bulky, also found taking the Frog apart every time I wanted to collapse it such a pain. Good to hear that the Bee folds with the board still attached.

Confuzzeled Sat 27-Nov-10 19:39:25

I thought there was only one type of board so I googled it and found a board that rolls over at the top and only fits the gecko or cam. Mine is the one with two bits that stick out and attach and fits the frog and bee - this one www.johnlewis.com/231057455/Product.aspx?source=14 798

So I guess it depends which board you have.

I did have a screw loose on my chassis and they sent me a replacement chassis (not just a screw).

I loved my Frog, but some twat put a suitcase on it on the train and broke it. The Bee+ is not as stable or as easy to push but it's like having a little buggy with the benefits of a big one IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: