Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Any recommendations for a parent facing pushchair

(33 Posts)
varicoseveined Fri 26-Nov-10 09:58:43

Preferably suitable from birth with a lie flat position? Or one that will take a Maxi Cosi car seat?

Rosa Fri 26-Nov-10 09:59:32

I love the Bugaboo Bee ....Others don't but it has been a great buggy for me.

C4ro Fri 26-Nov-10 10:03:14

I like my Stokke. Has the cot attachment for fully flat baby and adapters to stick on any of the Maxi Cosi first car seats(we have the pebble).

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 26-Nov-10 10:05:16

I have a Quinny buzz. Have found it really good from car seat to bigger seat. And importantly for me, it's easy to put up and down! Only disadvantage is the storage.

varicoseveined Fri 26-Nov-10 10:13:05

Thanks! One more thing I need to mention is that I use buses a lot, so it can't be too huge.

Off to google the above suggestions

ArthurPewty Fri 26-Nov-10 10:28:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChateauRouge Fri 26-Nov-10 11:07:12

Hauck infinity is good- carrycot for infants, then pushchair bit can face either way. Quite big though...

sazm Fri 26-Nov-10 12:50:28

i loved my buzz,but wouldnt rec it for using on the bus,very wide at the back wheels for that.

bebeconfort streety, bebeconfort loola up,bugaboo bee

KarenHughes Fri 26-Nov-10 15:24:19

Im a big fan of the Petite Star Kurvi. Its a very good solid product with a decent price. You can have it either forward facing, parent facing or lying flat in a sort of pram style. Ticked all my boxes, so that gets my vote.

My friend has a Quinny Buzz, she gets on with it pretty well, but I have no idea what its like.

squimlet Fri 26-Nov-10 20:33:09

mutsy urban rider. They are just lush

OnlyWantsOne Fri 26-Nov-10 20:34:21

bugaboo cam

PigeonPie Fri 26-Nov-10 20:37:54

Another vote for the Stokke Xplory. It was absolutely fantastic, both my DSs were very happy in it and I'm actually rather sad that DS2 is now too big for it.

ArthurPewty Fri 26-Nov-10 21:24:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WaftyCrank Sun 28-Nov-10 14:15:48

I hated my Buzz, was awkward to fold and once DD got to 12 months it was a nightmare to push.

I have the M&P Sola and I love it. Large hood, easy to push, lie flat seat unit. Can fit a Maxi Cosi with the Aton adaptors. I took it on the bus daily.

I had it in Orchid for DD but I am now expecting DS2 so have sold the Orchid one and bought it in Grass.

scottishmummy Sun 28-Nov-10 14:23:56

bugaboo cameleon
not buzz its a wonky bulky cart

nicm Sun 28-Nov-10 18:11:21

a teutonia? i have the spirit s3 and have the double ordered! love it and have been using it daily for 2 and half years!

spaceal Mon 29-Nov-10 11:58:57

WaftyCrank - does the M&P Sola fold with the chair in? Or do you have to take it out to fold it? Thanks.

The Sola gets top ranking on Which? so I'm tempted...

WaftyCrank Mon 29-Nov-10 13:37:04

It folds with it facing forwards so if you have it facing you, you just need to switch it round but it's really easy to do. Only takes about 5 seconds to change it round.

I highly recommend the Sola, I used it daily with DD for 8 months but now she's in a Maclaren and I'm waiting for DS2's arrival to use it again.

toastandeggs Mon 29-Nov-10 22:11:19

mothrercare xcursion, i walk everywhere and bus and i love it, had a silver cross for DC1 and xcursion is much better

raindroprhyme Mon 06-Dec-10 20:14:14

i have just orderd the sola for my 10month old, have i made a mistake wafty?
i needed something compact that folded in two peices so it fits in the boot when i have my extra seats up.
the fact it is parent facing is a bonus.
Why did you swap to the mac Wafty?

emmaand3 Wed 08-Dec-10 12:49:07

I have the quinny Xtra, it is forward or rear facing, very lightweight too. It is also compatiable with the Maxi cosi car seat

DancingThroughLife Wed 08-Dec-10 12:55:20

I love my Britax B Smart. So solid and easy to put up and down. It can be a faff moving the seat to forward facing to collapse the frame, but it only takes a few seconds. Very comfy and cosy for DD.

Although, it's not compatible with a Maxi Cosi car seat from what I can tell. But we've always left the car seat in the car anyway.

eeyore2 Fri 10-Dec-10 14:04:49

iCandy are all compatible with Maxi-Cosi and are all parent-facing. Folds in 2 pieces.
Bugaboo Bee sounds like it would fit your bill too.

mamadiva Fri 10-Dec-10 15:14:20

If you use buses a lot then I would highly reccomend Baby Jogger City mini/metro as it folds in 2 seconds with one hand and is compatible with Maxi Cosi.

Only drawback is that it is not parent facing unless using carrycot or car seat which require an attatchment but still a fantastic pushchair!

JennyKearney Sun 26-Dec-10 20:09:27

I don't drive and found the Quinny Zapp Xtra great on public transport (tube and buses). It's forward and rear facing, has multiple positions and is compatible with the Maxi-Cosi carseat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: