Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Help! Travel System that fits in small boot?

(5 Posts)
KittyMee Fri 12-Nov-10 09:43:04

God this is going to be long - I'm so confused!

I just assumed that the Silver Cross Freeway thingy would fit in the boot of our crappy Polo but, with 3 weeks to go, have realised that it won't. I have a maximum budget of £500 and am now at a total loss as to what to buy.

I'm tall so prob need adjustable height handles, can't drive so will be walking a lot but it still needs to fold up small enough to go in hub's car once a week. Don't need car seat, so it's really that I want the pram aspect at first then the pushchair. Does anyone have any recommendations?

ANTagony Fri 12-Nov-10 09:46:42

Buy a basic buggy (with lie flat) for the very occasional car journeys and one that suits your more general needs for the rest of the time.

Surely if you're going in the car you do need a car seat - or do you mean you have one already?

KittyMee Fri 12-Nov-10 10:06:05

Thanks for reply. Yes, sorry, someone has very kindly offered to buy the carseat as a present. I know I probably sound really stupid, but it's all so expensive and there's so much choice that I'm worried about making the wrong decision and wasting the money blush

ANTagony Fri 12-Nov-10 10:23:57

Don't apologise I'm 29weeks with no.3 and have brought a lot of pushchairs and travel systems with the first two. Its an expensive business.

I have a Hyundai I10 so really micro car boot. This time round I've gone for a quinny zap with maxi cosi seat for the newborn stage. This fits neatly in the boot and will do for the around town use that it'll have when I'm out with the baby on my own.

For the family car, walks up the woods and days out I've gone for a second hand Jane Carerra with lay flat seat like this. The lay flat seat means you can use it like a car seat in the car either lay flat over two seats or the back clips up like a normal car seat to use with one seat belt and you're not filling the boot with the pram bit. The chassis is umbrella fold and the handle can be adjusted so its relatively compact for the size of wheels. The seat then doubles as the pram bit because it clips down flat.

I avoid pneumatic wheels because I've had too many punctures over the years and its a pain walking a few miles with a heavy child in a pushchair no doubt with shopping and with a flat tyre.

januaryjojo Fri 12-Nov-10 23:02:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: