Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Anyone used the carrycot with the BJCM?

(16 Posts)
onadietcokebreak Fri 17-Sep-10 23:13:14

Just wondering what it is like? I can't find any images anywhere!

LovestheChaos Sat 18-Sep-10 08:01:17

I have been looking at this as well. I found this pic on the US amazon site.

Give this link a try:

www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B 002PU90RW/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0

onadietcokebreak Sat 18-Sep-10 09:13:46

Thank you so much! I am currently bidding on a carrycot at the mo. Want to have the full system in case they change the model by the time we have another one.

onadietcokebreak Sun 07-Nov-10 16:33:07

I was sent pics of from a ebayer of carrycot used without pushchair cover- it looked like a nice pram.

Been looking out for a secondhand carrycot as we are planning to TTC at some point.

The carrycot adaptors support a maxi cosi car seat I believe so does that mean a quinny carrycot would fit as well?

onadietcokebreak Sat 13-Nov-10 08:27:50

Well I have the carrycot. Bnib from eBay £60 delivered. Absolute bargain.

Just fitted it on frame. Anyone want pics let me know

Pootles2010 Sat 13-Nov-10 08:34:37

I have carrycot...well i do until ebay buyer comes to get it tomorrow! Its served us well, the only thing is its a bit high up, because of where it sits on pushchair. Nice as baby is close to you and feels very safe, hard to see where the wheels are though iywim, if you're going through doors etc, because the carrycot gets in the way of line of vision.

The adaptors support most car seats i think, certainly all mamas and papas, and they did support our graco one, BUT not very well, i'd much rather have a maxi cosi, which clips in, wheras the graco just sits on the bar, with a belt over baby's lap iyswim. Not great. We never used car seat on the pushchair, just the carrycot, which clipped in very easily.

Diet coke - I could weep. Ours went for a fiver! Saying that we got it second hand so...

onadietcokebreak Sat 13-Nov-10 08:59:32

I wanted yours but no posting on it. Hence why I snapped this one up. Been looking for a Bargain ahead of ttc.

Def will get a maxi cosi car seat to use and remove seat unit so it looks more like a pram.

Pootles2010 Sun 14-Nov-10 15:32:42

Oops sorry about that - just too much of a faff for us right now. Sounds like you got a good deal though, ours didn't have a cover thingie either. Maxi cosi's are great - wish we'd got one.

onadietcokebreak Sun 14-Nov-10 16:46:07

Thats ok. Its okay if you have the box or something to package it in- if not yes its a pain. Cost him £12 by royal mail which was included in the £60.

Jojay Sun 14-Nov-10 17:03:57

Sorry to hijack but how do you remove the push chair cover? I've never tried but mine is filthy and could do with a hose down.

Are the studs on the frame actually poppers?

Jojay Sun 14-Nov-10 17:05:17

And can you take the hood off too?

onadietcokebreak Sun 14-Nov-10 17:40:34

Yes its all removable. I wasnt convinced at first but it is. Remove hood (press grey buttons) undo velcro and poppers.

You can chuck it in machine too. There are instructions on line somewhere too

Pootles2010 Sun 14-Nov-10 18:11:10

Also possible to wash with pressure washer whilst still on buggy! The main seat that is, not carrycot!

Jojay Sun 14-Nov-10 20:41:24

Thanks for that.

I've given it a wash down in situ with the hose but I wouldn't get it dry at this time of year. I'll look for those washing instructions!

onadietcokebreak Sun 14-Nov-10 22:11:20

washing instructions here

Just dont put in tumble dryer! LOL

Jojay Mon 15-Nov-10 21:02:44

Thanks so much - it will have a new lease of life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now